Saturday, January 2, 2021

December Highlights

I can't belive it's 2021!! I'm not thinking this year is going to magically fix anything, but it is nice to have 2020 behind me!



After bible study, one day me and my sisters got ice cream and ate it by the huge Christmas tree in our town's square. It was pretty fun, even though it was freezing! 

I got my hair cut. It was just three inches, but I was very happy about it. =)

My brother moved into his own apartment to be closer to his work so we rearranged a lot of of the house after that. It was pretty stressful having the whole house out of wack for so long, but it's settling out now. And I got a new bookcase, which is the best thing that has come from all of this. XD

After my last day of work for the semester (My babysitting just goes with the school year), two of my sisters met me for lunch at CiCi's, which was like eating memories. XD It was fantastic. They had a few games you could play for a quarter, so we played one a few times for fun. We got a few cheap necklaces and a lot of fun memories. 

My family spent the day walking around the San Antonio Missions. It looked a little different this year since so many things were closed, but we got to do a lot. We ended the night by going to see a really impressive Christmas light display, and we ran into one of the family's I babysit for, which was super fun!

I spent a lot of time in December watching random Hallmarks, making cookies, wrapping up gifts, and trying to keep my cat from eating ribbon (She had a weird obsession). 

I attended my first online wedding. It was surprisingly nice to be able to just sit in comfy clothes for the wedding and be able to just shut it off when it was over. Also, I almost cried because it was a beautiful ceremony. 

My sister and I went to a Christmas eve service and in the middle of the message, one of my favorite kids I babysit looked over at me and shouted hello from three isles down. XD Thankfully he didn't do it too loud, but I was still having to hold in a laugh. 


My family always celebrated Christmas alone, so not much was different this year. We opened presents pretty slowly throughout the morning, played some games, and took a nice long walk because the weather was amazing. It was a very nice day. I didn't feel as excited leading up to Christmas as I normally do, but it was still a very nice day. 

After Christmas, I seized some time to declutter my closet. I finally let go of a lot of clothes that I didn't like anymore, and a bunch of random stuff that had gotten thrown in there. It felt good. 

My sister and I attended our young adult's group New years eve party. We didn't get to stay till midnight, but we did get to play several rounds of Empires, which was really fun. I actually won a round! (If you haven't played Empires I highly recommend it). Then we sat in my mom's room and heralded in 2021 together. 

Not gonna lie, December was not a great month for me. I don't do well with change, and for a lot of different reasons, this month was chock-full of it. I didn't feel super excited for Christmas, but I did enjoy it when it came. I let a lot of things stress me out that shouldn't have. But I'm super grateful to my awesome family and friends for supporting me this month. <3 




The only new books I read were the two on the bottom, and I was not super impressed with either, but I loved re-reading Interview with the Robot and The Green Ember. =D

Sorry I don't have my movies on here. I ran out of time. The gist of it is I watched cheesy Hallmarks, How To Train Your Dragon, and Toy Story 2. XD




Short Story Whimsical Writing for His Glory

Day 16 (But basically all of Blogmas was amazing) Hailey Hudson

How was your Christmas? Any big plans for 2021?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a super busy month!! My siblings and I stayed up late New Year's Eve, although only two of my brothers made it to midnight. I went to bed at 11 and woke up soon before 6 to get ready for the day and go jogging. XD
    Happy New Year!! <3 I'm excited to see what 2021 holds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was jam-packed! Haha, that's not a bad way to start the new year! I wasn't even sure I was going to stay up, then we were out at a party and didn't get home till late, so I was like "ehh, why not." XD
      Me to!! Happy new year!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry your December wasn't great! I hope January will be better. Going to Cici's sounds awesome! I have so many fun memories of going there when I was younger... it was my favorite place. My brother and I went there about three years ago, I think, because I had such fond memories of it, but somehow it wasn't quite the same. XD Also, so great that you got a new bookcase! I've been thinking I need a third one for my room. And thank you so much for mentioning Blogmas! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Haha yeah, I went a lot as kid, but hadn't been in a long time. All you can eat pizza is magical as a kid, but not as much as an adult. XD I mean, I still had a blast, but it just doesn't have the same feel as it does when you're a kid.
      Thanks! Ohh, that's fun! You'll have to send me pictures if you end up getting one!

      Delete
  3. Mikayla wishing you and yours A HAPPY,HEALTHY 2021. We had a quiet Christmas as we always did. I am reading a series Miracles Of Huckeberry Hill. Three more to go in the series. My favorite books I read in 2020 are "MY Dear Hamilton' and "America;s First Daughter"
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year! Nice! Quiet days can be the best. <3 Oh, fun! Sounds like a pretty good reading list! I'm still trying to make a list of my favorite 2020 reads. =)

      Delete
  4. Hi Mikayla, Thank you for the December update. Our Christmas was quiet as usual. We just took our tree down today. The house is getting back to normal. We had to move some of the furniture around to make room for the tree. Right now I am reading The Wells Landing Series. I am on the seventh book. I have one more to go. My favorite books I read this year are My Dear Hamilton, America's First Daughter and Wives and Daughters.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it's always sad to see the tree go. But there's also a nice feeling of getting back to normal, so I guess it's a bittersweet time!
      Nice! I'm still working on my favorite book list for 2020.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a special month <3 I love the unfocused shot of the lighted Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Thank you! I had a lot of fun getting that shot!

      Delete
  6. Great update, girl. Sorry December wasn't easy but glad you had nice moments <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!