Saturday, August 14, 2021

L E T T I N G G O


 I never thought something I prayed for

Something I longed for daily

Could hurt this bad

That a relationship beginning to rebuild

Would feel like ripping open my heart

I didn’t know forgiveness

Could feel so much like trust

It’s funny how so often

What I pray for

And what I need

Are the most painful things to endure

And the things I think are grounding me

Are really just helping me be self-dependent

Instead of Christ dependent

It seems that this is a year of letting go

And of new beginnings

Of learning to be okay

When it doesn’t feel okay

Of learning to let go

And to trust The Solid Rock 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!