Saturday, August 27, 2022

LETHA


As a kid I never had a grandmother 

That took me on her knee 

And told me how much she loved me 

But I had Letha 

I didn’t have grandparents 

Who asked about my school 

Who encouraged me in my interests 

And listened to my ramblings 

But I had Letha 

I didn't have grandmothers 

Pestering me to get a boyfriend 

Or reminding me of fun stories 

And things that happened when I was a kid 

But I had Letha 

I didn’t have grandparents 

Who wanted me to come and spend the day 

Or who came to all our parties 

And who reminded me that this earth is fleeting 

But I had Letha 

And she was enough  

She was the best


To the best adopted grandmother who ever lived, Letha Cast who went home to be with Jesus on August 20'th, 2022. 

I know you desperately wanted to be home with Jesus, but I sure am going to miss you down here. I’m so glad I got to talk to you one last time.

6 comments:

  1. I love you, friend, and what a beautiful tribute. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had Letha and she was enough. <3 Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mikayla, Thank you for the update. Sorry about your Grandmother Letha. May she rest in peace.
    Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!