Wednesday, September 21, 2022

L O Y A L T Y

Some thoughts after a sermon a few weeks ago. 


 What if my deepest fear came true?

What if I was truly alone? 

What if the world as I knew it 

Came crashing down around me? 

And what if all my safe spaces were gone?

Would I deny Him then? 

Would I shove God away 

Saying He wasn’t giving me enough 

Would I stand a forgiven sinner 

Saved from the depths of hell 

And complain about an inconvenience? 

Would I stand before the throne of God 

And tell him he wasn’t doing his job? 

So if my greatest fear comes true 

And I truly am all alone 

And I no longer feel safe anywhere 

I want to turn to the God 

That gave it all to me in the first place 

And thank him for the time I did have 

And let him hold me as I cry 

And show me what to do next 

I want to do this every day 

He showed me amazing grace 

The least I can do is give him 

Undivided loyalty


6 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!