If you've known me for a while, you may know that one of my favorite books ever is Annabeth's War by Jessica Greyson. She asked if I would write a post about it because she is doing an epic giveaway on her blog including this beautiful book. Details below, after my top five reasons you should read Annabeth's War
1. The Characters. Guy, these characters are still some of my favorites of all time, even though I first read the book six years ago. Annabeth is a very strong heroine, but not in a typical tough girl way. She was an amazing mix of sweet and strong. Every side character pops off the page in a way that makes them easy to distinguish and impossible not to love.
2. The Setting. Annabeth's War takes place in a fictional country, and enough forest scenes to make a nature person happy. 90% of the book is outdoors and with everything from woods to stars, to horseback riding, this book will make you want to go on an adventure. It also may include underground rivers, cabins, and castles, just so you know.
3. The Faith. Annabeth's war features a simple, beautiful faith element that sets a tone in the book. Annabeth's faith is so beautifully woven into the book by her morals, ability to get back up after being pushed down, and forgiveness. Also, she always seeks to do what is right, not what's easy.
4. The Adventure. This book is full of good old fashioned adventure... but not in a cliche way. Old circumstances had fresh perspectives on them. There are sword fights, dungeons, castle walls to get inside off, bad guys to escape, and outrunning enemies. None of it was really done how you would expect though.
5. The Friendships. This book featured some of the sweetest friendships. They are real, which means this book holds some tension between friends and some really sweet points. We've got good guy friends (Who remain just friends. Shocker.), we've got protectors, and people who just let friends by themselves.
Those are my top five reasons to read Annabeth's War. If you couldn't tell already, this is one of my favorite books of all time and I'm reading it for a fifth time just to prove it.
Find it on:
Comment below if you want to read it, or if you have read it!