Friday, February 14, 2020

January Highlights


I can hardly believe we are already a month and a half into the year. Time is flying right now!


This month, my sister Sarah and I made good progress in watching through Star Trek voyager (skipping episodes). It's been fun to see this installment of the Star Trek world.

I re-did the walls in my room. I was getting a little tired of how I had the decorations on my wall, so I took them all down, got rid of some, and put up some fresh ones. It's been nice to have a different 'view.' ;)

My frisbee group started meeting again! It has been a year since we have met on a regular base, so it's awesome to be back at it. We're a pretty small group, but it's still really fun!

Me at the zoo. =)

It's been too cold to go to the zoo lately, but in January we finally had some warm days and were able to go twice!

Allllll my jobs started back up this month. My babysitting jobs are mostly just in the school year, so they started back up. My hours are very different this year then last year, so it's been an adjustment, but I love working with the kids. One of my jobs is for a bible study, and I'm helping watch 6-10 year olds. This is my first time watching that many kids that are above the age of three, and it's been a big learning curve.

I got my hair cut! I've been wanting to do it for a while, so finally, my sister and I did it together. Quite honestly, my haircut did not turn out how I had intended, (the layers are super short compared to the rest of my hair) but it's still nice to have something fresh. =)

I started editing my NaNo project, Hiding. It's been slow going, but I really love this book, so it's been good to dive back into! I'll hopefully be posting more about that soon.

I started piano lessons with my sister Sarah. I have been intending to start them for years, and never quite worked up the gumption. But, seeing as it was a goal for the year, I knew I should go ahead and dive in.



I did a good bit of re-reading this month, so my favorite new book I read was The Bookshop Girl. It was delightful!



Bowing Low Firth out of Ten
Winter Photo Dump Aria Lisette
My 2020 Bookish Goals Once Upon an Ordinary
January 2020 Monthly Wrap-Up Now All I Know is Grace
2020: A Look Ahead & Current WIP Whimsical Writing for His Glory

How was your January? What did you do? 

2 comments:

  1. Yessss the nancy drew books!! so good.

    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!