Sunday, August 1, 2021

S A B O T A G E

 Today I feel ill-equipped 

To talk about 

What I care about 

I say I care about God 

But I haven’t been investing 

I say I’ve been praying for people 

But I know the prayers are far between 

I say I want to put others first 

But I know I’ve been putting myself first 

I say I want to improve 

But then I self-sabotage 

I say I’m going to try harder 

Then I give up 

I feel ill equipped to talk to God

And ask for anything

I feel at a loss for words

When I have failed this much

But maybe today 

I’ll just sit and listen 

And stop trying to talk 

Because maybe what I need right now 

Is not to talk to God 

But to listen to Him 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mikayla, I'm Lily! It's nice to meet you. While visiting a bunch of writer blogs, I came across yours and I realized you're also related to Sarah (whom I have started following). Anyway, I just wanted to say I greatly enjoyed your poem. It spoke to my heart. Thank you for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's nice to meet you to! Yes, Sarah is my oldest sister!! =D I am so glad. <3

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!