Friday, February 28, 2020

Train Trips, Books, and Another Job

Me and my sister, Rebekkah. And yes, those are clip-on earings)

Life has been crazy busy lately. I thought I'd share what's been going on!

So yesterday I got to go on my first train trip! We had lent a car to a friend and needed to pick it up, so Mom, Grace, Rebekkah, and I all loaded up and took the train to Dallas. It was super fun. We got to sit in the obvservation car, which has lots of seats all facing to the huge windows. It took us five hours, and I spent most of it just talking to my sister. We played an super intense game of ISpy which had us in fits of laughter over how fast we had to do it.
One of the most interesting things about the train was all the people. We sat next to an Amish couple who barely spoke or smiled for the whole trip. There was a group of people all wearing tales and huge fox/dog heads. No comments there. There was also a couple who spent the whole trip playing games together like Scrabble. It was really cute to watch!
After we got the car back I ended up doing a two hour driving stent on the way home and did some of my first stop and go traffic. Fun stuff. ;P


I also tried out BookOutlet.com for the first time. Guys. That site is epic. Thanks to a coupon I got eight brand new books for 22$!! I am so excited to use them again. I have never had so many new books at once, so this is quite a treat for me! I'm collecting the new covers they are putting out for the Nancy Drews, and they had some for really cheep! If you want a ten dollar off coupon, like I used, sign up using this link: BookOutletCode.

One of my jobs ended rather ubruptly. They no longer needed a babysitter for the position I have worked at on Wednesday mornings for several years. I was sad to see it go, but it did make it easier for me to accept a job that came up in our neighborhood! An old friend of ours needs someone to come over every once in awhile and help her out with her dogs, and elderly mother, so my sister and I have started doing that. It is such a low stress job. The comute is five minutes, as appossed to the half an hour, to hour comute that most of my jobs are. Though to be honest, I never thought taking care of six poodles and an elderly lady would be so chill for me, but it's been great.

So there you go. A rather long winded acount of what's been going on with me lately. What's going on with you?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mikayla;
    You sure had a great time traveling on the train. When traveling you do meet,should I say interesting? people. Love your book choices. The new Nancy Drew covers are quite different. Good Luck on getting the new ones. Happy Week-End
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      It was very interesting! Haha, yeah, they were unique. ;D Thanks! I am enjoying them already!

      Delete
  2. The train ride sounds like so much fun! And your earrings are super cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Thank you so much! I got them at Claries and love them so much!

      Delete
  3. WOW! You sure had a long drive home. The train ride sounds like a lot of fun. That pile of books looks great. What a bargain you made for all those books. The book outlet sounds like a good deal. Hope you can collect all of the new Nancy Drew covers. Enjoy reading your new books.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but everything is far away from us, so it wasn't to unushual. ;D Thanks! I was so excited! =D Thanks. I will!!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!