Friday, March 5, 2021

February Highlights


February was a very mixed month for me. But, you know, five inches of snow helped. 

I sliced my hand open with a box cutter. I was being dumb and cutting a box towards me, and it sliced it open. Needless to say, it is still healing three weeks later. 

My siblings and I had a workday and did a lot of work around our land. We pulled down an old pool deck and milking stand that was falling down raked a lot of leaves. It was fun to work together and get so much done in one morning. 

I baked brownies virtually with my friend Kate. I'm not a huge fan of brownies, but it was great to learn how to make them from scratch and do it with my friend. Baking virtually is one of my favorites.

I edited four of my pieces of flash fiction. In the last two years, I have had a lot of fun playing around with short stories and flash fiction. Would y'all be interested in reading some of it? I just write it for fun. Mostly to give me a creative outlet without too much commitment. XD 

So I was at work and it started sleeting. My boss is awesome and didn't want me to get stuck, so she sent me home early. I had to stop to scrape off my windows, then after that, I was stuck at home for nine days. There was a layer of ice everywhere, then we got five inches of snow. We live in the country, so our road was covered. I honestly did not have much fun at first because we were frantically prepping all the animals and plants we own for the hard freezes. We also had to boil all our water. But, we had a lot of fun family time with movies, and later in the week, I used my free time to sew, and then clean out my computer. It ended up being a good time. I ate a lot of snow ice cream, took long walks in the snow, and took a lot of bird photos. 

On the Saturday after we got stuck at home, the ice had finally melted, and we went out for lunch and did some shopping for fun. =) I had so much fun just getting out again. 

My sister and I did a ton of babysitting. We watched four boys one day and spent a lot of time tossing around a boomerang around with them. Another day we watched fifteen kids, and they were a delightful bunch. When you get fifteen homeschooled Christain kids together, their idea of wild was to play music louder than their mom liked. XD

My young adult's group had a movie night. We watched Tangled, which was fun. I love that movie, but me and my two sisters were the only girls there. Other then us, there were five guys. XD I think everyone enjoyed it. 




It was a pretty good book month! Ember Rising was my favorite re-read (though MBS #2 was close), and Seeing Voices was my favorite new book!



How to Train Your Dragon 3 
I watched this with some of the kids I babysat, so I missed movie 2. I have to admit, I was very unimpressed with this. There was a large amount of crude humor, and most of the side characters had weird romances. Also, I wasn't really a fan of the ending. 

The Chosen 
This was my second time watching this show. This first two episodes are pretty heavy, but I love the show so much. I have never seen a show based on Jesus that is so good without feeling like they are trying to add to what the Bible says. 

So You Said Yes
A cheesy hallmark my sisters and I watched. It was kind of cute but packed way too much in. =P

Bionic Woman 
I've been watching this show for the last couple of years. The main character is delightful, and I like the mysteries. The last season had a lot of episodes I skipped due to boredom or disinterest. 

Sound of Music
I watched this when it came out, and fell in love with it. The actors are amazing, and I love the songs in this version. 

Botton of doom 
I love Megamind, so this short makes me very happy. 

Beauty and the Beast the play 
If you have never seen the play of this, you should. It is SO incredible. The songs are amazing. If you want to watch it for free, here's a link to one a group posted on YouTube. 

Mission Impossible
My siblings and I watch MI to unwind a lot. We are currently bouncing between seasons 4 and 5 since we've watched them all already. 



Feild Notes Totally Graced 
Stars and Snowflakes A Farm Girls Life
Live Without You Old-Fashioned Book Love


What was your highlight of February? Did you get any snow this month?

10 comments:

  1. Hi nice to meet you . I'm Kinda . I have a blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for mentioning my post :)
    I am so sorry about your hand! that’s awful :{
    Baking brownies virtually sounds so fun!! And I’d love to read the flash fiction. ;)
    I’m glad you had so much fun with the snow in the end ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! It was a great post. <3
      Ehh, thankfully it is almost healed!
      I will see about posting some soon!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mikayla, you sure had a busy February. Glad you all are safe from the storm. The Sound of Music is a favorite. Do you have the Julie Andrews version? Julie Andrews voice is beautiful. Take care and have a good week-end.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I have seen it. To be honest, I don't really like Julie Andrews, so it wasn't my favorite. I like the new version better.

      Delete
  4. Thank You Mikayla for the update. Once again it is very enjoyable. I have read a few of the Boxcar Children. I always watched the Mission Impossible series when it first aired on television. I have the Mission Impossible record album. The music is great. Sorry about you cut. Hope it is feeling better and healing. Take care of yourself. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxcar Children was my childhood! I love those book. =)
      Cool! We've slowly bought the seasons over the years. It is fantastic music!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. 15 kids is a lot, even 15 Christian homeschooled kids! ;) I'm glad you were able to have some fun in the snow. It looks like you read a lot of good books this month - I've read 7 of those, and I'm working my way through the Green Ember series right now. A highlight of February for me was being able to go to my parents' small group with them for the first time in a year and a half (!) and catch up with all of our friends there. And we should do a virtual baking day sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it is. XD Cool! You and I do tend to read a lot of the same things. =)
      Ohh, that is so awesome! I am glad you got to do that. <3
      We should!!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!