Saturday, December 25, 2021

A W E A R Y W O R L D


A weary world

I feel that today 

A world on my shoulders 

No way to escape 

Pressed down by the weight 

A weary world 

Trying to do what is best 

Trying to stay safe

Hoping to see loved ones 

A weary world 

Crying over little things 

Trying to fit in sleep 

Wishing for one day of peace 

A weary world 

Not ready to move on 

So much pressure from outside 

So many people asking for money 

Barely pulling by as it is 

A weary world 

We have nothing left to give 

Our funds out drained 

Our energy is depleted 

We have no time left 

But we can inhale 

And do the one thing that doesn’t cost 

It doesn’t demand 

It fills us and gives us peace 

It gives us hope 

It reminds us who is holding us 

And who holds tomorrow 

So we inhale 

And a weary world rejoices 

Because God is with us



Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you can find something to rejoice in today, no matter how small. <3 

6 comments:

  1. <3 Merry Christmas, Mikayla! Lovely poem. I've been there this year for sure. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think I need this for my wall. You should print this up as Christmas gifts next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super late comment to say I loved this + it meant so much to me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're comments are always welcome. <3 I am so glad. <3 <3

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!