Thursday, February 17, 2022

Twenty-twenty-two

 I never thought 

It would feel like this 

Like hope and pain 

Mixed up together 

Like waiting and living 

And seizing the moment 

I never thought 

It would feel like giving up 

Or like moving on 

I never thought 

It would feel like absence 

And loneliness

I never thought

It would feel like victory 

Or trying new things

I never thought 

It would be shared pain 

And shared laughter 

That started this year 

I never thought

It would be a movie on repeat 

Or deleting apps at 12AM 

I never thought it 

Would be like a new beginning 

And saying goodbye 

All wrapped up 

In the first two months 

Of twenty-twenty-two  


4 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!