Saturday, April 16, 2022

Darkness and the Dawn

I wanted to write something to capture the feeling of this holiday, I couldn't write anything I really loved, but this is what I did come up with. 


Passover is a time of joy 

Of bringing together family 

Of celebrating freedom 

And all God has done 

It’s looking back at the slavery 

And rejoicing in the cross 

It’s somber tugs of sorrow 

Of all the pain endured 

It’s a time of reflection 

And moving on 

It’s a time to say thank you 

But Friday is the dusk 

And the darkness only lasts the night 

Sunday is coming 

And with it comes the joy 

The time of new birth 

Or celebrating His coming again 

It’s rejoicing in His light 

And His glory 

And just feeling His presence 

It’s the joy of knowing 

He is with us 

It’s celebrating the morning coming 

After a long and dark night 

We lived in darkness 

Hiding in fear long enough

It’s time to join the others and celebrate 

He is Risen!


(If you noticed the lack of March Highlights, they will be coming, rolled in with my April ones. I was unable to post due to my computer being broken, but my awesome brother fixed it, so there (hopefully) should be no more delays!) 

Happy Ressurection weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Mikayla, this is beautiful. You have chosen the right words for this Blessed Holiday. God Bless.
    HAPPY EASTER
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these lovely words. Sorry about your computer. Will be looking forward to your March/April highlights.Wishing you and yours a Blessed,JOYOUS and HAPPY EASTER. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to sharing, Happy Easter!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!