Friday, November 25, 2022

G R E A T F U L


It’s a time for dreams

The time for thankfulness  

And family all together

It’s hard not to think

Of all that’s not here

All the people who couldn’t come

Or who never lived to make it

All the things we wanted to do

And all the things we wanted to say

But today I’m going to be grateful

Because we had them

Even for a fleeting moment

We still have family

We still have friends

I wanted to hold on to those fleeting moments

But at least I had them for a moment

And I’m grateful for every last one of them

And all the new moments that are coming

All the new dreams I get to have

It still hurts to dream

But I’m hoping that today

Marks the sunrise

And a new beginning

Not to a perfect life

But to a grateful one 

2 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!