Saturday, November 12, 2022

October Highlights


Well, this is a little late in going up, but better late then never, right? Thankfully October was busy, but not nearly as much as September. 



My mom went on a retreat to get some time by herself but ended up catching a stomach bug we had been passing around, so we had to go and pick her up. It was a four hour trip one way, so it was quite the day, made even longer by the fact that I got a flat tire when we got there, so we had to get that replaced before heading home. But it was good to get mom since she wasn't feeling well. <3 

I then picked up the stomach bug, but only lightly, so I just spent a couple days on the couch watching movies, and snuggling my mom. For safety sake I stayed home a whole day after I felt well, which meant I missed our churches annual picnic. That was really disappointing so I spent the whole day cleaning out my room to keep myself distracted. Thankfully I never got over it quickly, so I didn't miss work. 

I had a rare day where I went to do babysitting and the kids were all amazing. Good mood all around, fun play time. No tantrums. It's worth noting because this rarely happens. It was epic. O.o

We made it to the pumpkin patch as a girls day. I got a couple tiny ones for my room, and had a blast just going around enjoying the patch!

We got the chance to go up and spend some time with Rose and her boyfriend Stewart. Since Rose was staying over at his parents house, we got the chance to know them to, which was awesome. While we were up in the area, we got to see Michael and Liz for the first time since the wedding, and got to celebrate Michaels birthday!

As a bit of a late post-wedding wind down we found a little airbnb and spent two nights down at the beach. The bad part being, our cars transmission broke so we had to baby the car the last few miles to the airbnb, and then get it looked at, and baby it for the drive back, which made it take eight hours instead of three and a half. the good news? We had an amazing time in between. My mom had set up a little treasure hunt for us in the house, which was super fun, we got to spend our nights watching movies together. On our full day down there we set up lawn chairs right on the beach, and just read, walked, and enjoyed a chill day. I had an insainly good time doing that. It was 100% worth the crazy drive home. 

Our church participated in a Trunk or Treat, and my sister Sarah being the epic person she is put together my cars activity for me since I didn't have the time. She made a huge i-spy board, and I dressed up as Miss Frizzle, which was super fun! I had a blast hanging with the kids, handing out candy and just hanging with Scott and Sarah. =) 



My youngest niece had her birthday this month, so we got to take her out to celebrate! She wanted to walk around Hobby Lobby, so we did that for a few hours, just looking over everything, grabbed ice cream, and introduced her to the Hallmark store! 

We had to very eventful weeks in a row at my bible study, the first being a sudden storm that hit with sure force that I got drenched even while holding an umbrella. As we started driving away, we got a tornado warning, and I could barley see the road so we pulled in and weathered the worst of it in the worlds weirdest Walmart. The next week was Halloween, and I don't normally dress up, but they said anyone could come in costume that wanted to. So I pulled out my Miss Frizzle dress again, and my sister did my hair all curley this time (Using rollers for the first time was way more fun then I thought it would be). My niece was Carmen Sandigo, and was born for the role. 




Lots of new books this month! My favorite re-read was The Girl Who Could See, and my favorite new read was City fo Ember. <3 
I don't recommend The London House at all, which is sad because I love some of her other books. XP



Robin Hood Disney: This is forever one of the sweetest Robin Hood storys. It hits on all the major ledgons about him, but I think it made all the characters a bit more likable. 

Milo Murphy: Rewached a view episodes while on vacation for fun.  

National treasure 1&2: We watched this on vacation because it had been years since we had seen it. I still don't aprechite Ben's character since he is a jerk, but the movies are a enjoyable watch. 

Surprise island: I needed a soothing movie, and if you've ever watched these you'd know they are some of the most calming things. I think they did a great job adapting the book into a movie. 

City of Ember: This remains one of my favorite movies. After reading for the book for the first time, I was eager to see it again, and I think it was a great adaptation. Other then a few minor changes, it is very true to the book and I think they added some really good drama. 

Midnight Mascurade: This is an adorable hallmark. It's a gender switched cinderella story, and perfect for fall. <3 

The Chosen my mom and I rewatched this when we got sick and man, i just love it more every time. 


How was your October? 

1 comment:

  1. We had a busy October. We decorated the house for Halloween. We bought Goldfish packs for the trick or treaters, but no children came around. Needless to say we have a lot of goldfish to eat.We have been reading lots of books for Thanksgiving and started on the Christmas books,too. We watched our Thanksgiving video and DVDS. The Christmas ones will be next. Miracle On 34th Street will be first,since the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is featured.. The weather here in new York has turned cold. The leaves are starting to turn color. We have been busy trying to keep up with the fallen leaves. We had four bags of raked leaves for the garbage truck..
    Happy Thanksgiving To You and Yours
    Marilyn and Marion

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!