Saturday, August 24, 2019

Life Just Got Crazy(ier)



Life has gotten a bit crazy over here. I've had my license for almost a month, and the fact that I got it still boggles my mind. I didn't think I'd have much of a chance to use it, but then I got a job. It's only once a week doing childcare, but it's a full day. I have only worked there once so far, but I'm loving it. It involves a lot of really sweet kids and good company. 

In two weeks, I'll be starting back up on my Wednesday childcare job I've had for two years now, so I'll be working two days week now, which I'm thrilled about. It's far from full time, but with all the chores and projects I have going on at home, it's going to keep me really busy.

I've also been sick twice in the last two weeks, so that's put a bit of a damper on my plans, but my family has been super nice. They've taken care of me, covered my chores, and been generally awesome.

Last weekend I went to a young adult re-retreat my church was a part of. It was pretty awesome to see all those passionate-for-God people my age in a room together. Next weekend I'll be with my siblings for our second annual sibling's retreat. We all go in so many different directions, it's good to just have time to just hang out together.

There you've got it. A bunch of random things going on in my life right now. What's up with you? Is anyone else getting excited for NaNoWriMo even though it's months away?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound busy. :) Have fun!
    Me? I'm releasing my newest novel "By Paths Unknown" on Monday, and getting read for the Five Fall Favorites, plus I need to get ready to start teaching again next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will!
      Ohh, how fun!! Ohh, cool, what are you teaching?

      Delete
  2. Hi Mikayla;
    Nice hearing about all your activities. I hope you are feeling better. The weather has turned a little like Fall. We are getting ready to start decorating with all the Autumn colors. Have a fantastic week.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      Thanks, I am feeling much better now! Wow, that's awesome! It's still high summer here, and probably will be for awhile. ;D Enjoy fall early for me! ;D

      Delete
    2. Hey!
      Thanks, I am feeling much better now! Wow, that's awesome! It's still high summer here, and probably will be for awhile. ;D Enjoy fall early for me! ;D

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that you were not feeling well. Congratulations on your new job. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, especially the retreats!! Well, for me, School started! Plus, I’m doing lost of reading, blogging, writing, and just projects ;)

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I am really looking foreward to it! Sounds pretty awesome! I'll be praying your projects go well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!