Saturday, March 21, 2020

February Highlights


Hello everyone! This is a rather late Highlights post, but seeing as I do these as much for me to look back as y'all, I thought I'd go ahead and post it. =)


My awesome friend Kate and I finished reading the last The Mysterious Benedict Society book together. We had a great skype, which resulted in our co-writing a post about buddying reading. You can read my post here, and her's here.

One of my favorite kids from my babysitting job fell asleep on me. <3

I had the pleasure of being on the Never Say Goodbye Beta reading team for Sarah Grace Grzy. I cannot wait until this book comes out because it was amazing!

Me and three of my older siblings all ended up playing board games together until 11:00 at night, despite the fact that we all kept saying we needed to get to bed. Staying up, trying to be quiet, and just hanging out was just about the best.

One of my three babysitting jobs got canceled, and I got a new job helping watch dogs. It's been a pretty nice change, since my old job was forty-five minutes away, and the new one is only five. I have missed some of the kids at my babysitting job, but am enjoying the new schedule.

My phone went completely haywire. Now the audio only works half the time, and I can't make calls at all. But I'm working on finding a new phone. Until then, I'm able to make due just fine.



My sister and I went to a thrift store and ended up coming out with three games. We found a new set of Taboo (because we've practically memorized all the words from my set. ;D), Mousetrap, which I hadn't played since I was about ten, and a Blue's Clue's board game that I used to play as a toddler. We will always be kids at heart, no matter how old we get. ;)

We don't normally do a lot for Valentine's, but this year I wanted something fun, so we got balloons, chocolate, made sugar cookies, and chocolate-dipped strawberries. We had homemade pizza and watched Overcomer. Since the main character is born on Valentine's Day, it seemed appropriate.

The Bible study I attend (Bible Study Fellowship) had a game night. I honestly didn't think I'd have a ton of fun when the night started, despite getting to go bowling and roller skating again. It was a little hard to keep up with people as we went from one thing to the next, but right before we were going to leave, a few of us did one last game of bowling and it was just about the best. We were laughing, and having so much fun it was hard to leave.

I went on my first train trip! We saw/met some pretty interesting people and had a great time. We also got our car back, which we had lent to some friends months ago. =) I wrote more about the trip over here.

I participated in a reading challenge where I read eleven books. I came really close to not finishing due to work, and family stuff, but at eleven-thirty, with the deadline half an hour away, I finished. It was really fun to participate and felt epic to finish so dramatically by finishing off two books that night so close to the deadline. ;D



For once, the majority of the books I read were new. I really can't pick a favorite. They were all so amazing. *Heart eyes*

Deep Breaths Fifth out of Ten 
Awaiting Summer Aria Lisette 
Writing Prompt 082 Victoria Lynn
Snow Photography Maddy's Digital Diary
Sketchbook Tour February A Farm Girl's Life
The Railway Children Old-Fashioned Book Love 
Life As Of Now and Never Have I Ever Stories by Firefly 
Book Review and Your Guide to Epic Buddy Reads Once Upon an Ordinary 

So I know February was awhile ago, but I hope you enjoyed this anyway.


2 comments:

  1. Fun post! I always enjoy seeing these. 😉 Aw, thanks for including my post! <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!