Saturday, July 25, 2020

Life Lately


This month has been a weird mix of things. For starters, I turned 21, which does not feel as big as I thought it would. We had a small family party, had meatloaf, played games, and just hung out. It was an awesome day. Since I don't drink alcohol, don't want a gun or to rent a car, it wasn't much anything special, but still a great day!

I am beginning to line up work for the fall. My favorite job, working with a class of 1-3-year-olds is almost sure it is coming back (though nothings certain with COVID), and I have a couple more job possibilities for a couple days a week, which I'm really excited about! I haven't been able to work regularly since March, so I'm glad things are getting semi back to normal. It means wearing a mask and doing a lot of sanitizing, but I don't mind.

I finished editing one of my novellas this week, which is the first time I've finished a project in a year. For some reason, I don't feel super excited. It's been long enough since I finished something and had someone else read it, I'm not super confident in my own ability right now. But I am excited to work on a new project. I'm either going to be editing some flash fictions I wrote in November or continuing to re-write my Sci-Fi sequel to Flight from Kelar.

Aside from that, I've been watching some shows, trying to keep up with cleaning, and hanging out with my family a lot.

What have you been up to?

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you've been busy!
    Happy (belated) birthday!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikayla;
    I have been doing a lot of reading. Finished "America's First Daughter and half way through four Amish Harvest stories. Since it has been too hot I have just been reading and watching TV.
    Have a blessed week
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! Sounds like a good way to spend your time! It has been hot here, so I feel ya! We just had a bit of a cooldown so I've been trying to enjoy it before it heats up again!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a nice birthday. It has been so hot here in New York. I have been reading and cleaning out some things to throw away. I stay in the air-conditioning .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, sounds cool! Cleaning out stuff is such sadufying work! I recently went through my closet. That was fun but tiering work. ;D

      Delete
  4. Sounds fun, Mikayla! Happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!