Saturday, August 1, 2020

July Highlights



 This was a super fun month, but also pretty uneventful. 




Saharan dust was super thick this year, causing two weeks of headaches, irritated eyes, and a lot of hiding inside from the nastiness. But thankfully, it's over now!

I turned 21! My birthday was on a Sunday, so I got a free Starbucks drink on the way into church (which was awesome), then we had a family lunch, a water balloon fight, and played a lot of board games. It was a ton of fun!

One of the families my sister and I babysit for went on vacation, so they let us come over and row around on their pond! It was my first time on a canoe, which was pretty fun. We also babysat some, and two of the kids we watch got baptized! I cried so many happy tears. <3

Me and Ranger. <3 Notice my kitten in the background?

We got a new cabinet for our bathroom. Which may sound kind of uninteresting, but since the old one was super short, had stains might have been older than me, and the counter was pulling apart, it was a fantastic part of the month!

My sisters Rebekkah and Grace both had birthdays, which was awesome! I took Grace out for dinner, and we had a blast. One problem though. I ended up with food poisoning and basically lived on toast and Gatorade for a week. I also watched a massive amount of TV and got a lot of snuggles from my mom, so there were upsides.

We had smores. Nuff said. ;)

My little dogs. Right to left, Belle, Luke, and Ranger.
I finally finished my story Hiding! It took me eight months, but I did it! I was so excited to finally have another novella done. It still needs a couple edits (It's with my sister now to find inconsistencies), but it's pretty much done!

I started beta reading the biggest project I've ever worked on. It's a 280-page book. O.o

My sister Rebekkah and I went out for dinner and for some shopping. We ended up caught in a massive rainstorm, and I soaked my Converse to get the car. It took me three days to dry them out. XD But it was fun. And hey, I rarely complain about rain in Texas. We're in a drought over here. =P




I didn't really read much this month. But, I LOVED The Silence Between Us. And actually all of these books. =) 


It’s Time to Stop Pre-grieving Scattered Journal Pages
The 777 Writing Challenge Tag Little Blossoms for Jesus
Plate Update and Time to Begin Once Upon an Ordinary 
Joy in the Day to Day and Charcuterie Board Now All I Know is Grace

So, how was your month? Ever gotten food poisoning? 

8 comments:

  1. I love reading your monthly highlights! Thankfully, I've never experienced food poisoning before . . . and hopefully never will. 😖 So sorry to hear you had to endure that! I'm glad you're doing better now. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! Yey!! I hope that's something you never have to go through. XP It's not the worst, but it certaintly is not fun!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on finishing your story, and sounds like a busy and fun month with so many birthdays (except for the food poisoning part)! And thanks for including my posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha, yes. July is a busy birthday month for us. XD You're welcome!

      Delete
  3. Hi Mikayla;
    Sorry you were sick but glad that you are doing okay now. your books that you read look very interesting. I finished "America's First daughter","Andrew Jackson and The Niracle O New Orleans", "An Amish Harvest" and now reading "Sam Houston the Avengers Of San Antonio".
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBEKKAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Ohh, sounds cool! Sounds like some really awesome books!
      Thank you!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I can sympathize with you concerning headaches,itchy eyes and allergies. I had to get my eyes examined in order to renew my driver's license. I found out I needed glasses for distance. I do not have to wear them all the time. I picked out pretty pink frames. I just finished reading "Andrew Jackson and The Miracle Of New Orleans". I now have started "Lizzy and Jane". The weather here has been very hot. Thank You Mikayla for the July update.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBEKKAH
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACE
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ugg, they are frustrating, aren't they? Oh, well I'm glad you don't have to wear them all the time! That's conveiniont. Oh, I've hears some good stuff about Lizzy and Jane. I hope you enjoy it!
      Thank you!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!