Friday, April 2, 2021

E M P T Y


This year I feel empty 
Like there’s nothing left to give 
I came to this holiday 
Hoping to be full of happiness 
To be excited as it came 
Instead I came tired 
Drained by daily troubles 
Using bad coping mechanisms 
Trying to just hold on 
I don’t have anything to give this year 
I’m empty 
And I’m tired 
But Easter was a day 
All those years ago 
When God gave us back what we’d lost 
He restored the broken pieces 
He bound the wounds 
And His disciples
Well, they were broken going in to 
Crushed by the weight of his death 
So maybe this year 
I’m feeling more like the disciples 
Then ever before 
And maybe this year 
When Sunday comes 
And we’re reminded He’s alive 
I’ll feel the joy they felt 
In knowing He won
 And the days in between 
Were not spent in vain
Even if I feel empty now 
His grave is empty 
He won over death 
And now He lives in me 
So I can live full


I hope y'all have a great Ester! 

13 comments:

  1. Mikayla Wishing you and your family A HAPPY,BLESSED EASTER. Thank You for the inspirational posts.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Happy Easter! I'm just happy to be able to post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you Mikayla you and yours A JOYOUS, HAPPY and A BLESSED EASTER. Have a wonderful week-end.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I pray y'all have a blessed Ester as well!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I pray y'all have a blessed Easter!

      Delete
  4. You're really perceptive. I don't know if I've told you that before, but it's true. Thank you for choosing to use your spiritual eyes to look at the truth past the struggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't feel like that, but thank you. <3

      Delete
    2. So maybe you wrote that first for yourself? Even if it was primarily because you needed it, you made the deliberate choice to see the truth of what He did millennia ago, through the feelings of emptiness. Then you had the courage to share it.
      The Psalms are loaded up and down with David preaching to himself, telling his soul to trust God when he didn't feel like it. His words to himself are still making an impact in us today.
      Perhaps you're doing something remotely similar?

      Delete
    3. I always write my poetry for myself, so that sounds about right. Thanks. <3

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful + I relate so deeply <3 thank you, lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!