Friday, April 9, 2021

March Highlights

Honestly the best thing about this whole month was my friend Micaiah coming!!! The morning she came I had to go to work, and my boss agreed to let me stay after so I would be close to the airport. The girls I watch were so excited because they got to show me Soul. I was not impressed. XD But then I got to go get Micaiah!! We hadn't been able to meet up since 2017, so it was a very happy reunion. Her trip was packed, and amazing. We met with another writer who lives in the area, Hannah Wright. We saw the Silos, and stayed overnight at the beach, went to San Antonio and saw the Missions. We watched a lot of fun movies, spent an insain amount of time in the car, and just talked. <3 I haven't had this much fun with a friend in a long time. 


The library opened again!! It had been open last year, but closed down with the surge in November. It's open again with a lot of restrictions, but I am so happy to be able to walk around the library again. 

We did a scavenger hunt at our zoo! You had to do a lot of wackey things you had to do, but it was fun. We ended up ranking number one of the hunt because we did the "Sally's Sea Shell's" tunge twister perfectly five times and earned a lot of bonus points. =) 

One of the family's my sister and I work for is moving and we got to go to the new house! They'll be renovanting it, so look out for a lot of mentions of being over there helping. XD

I went into work today, only to discover that the family was on vacation. XP So I grabbed myself a drink at Starbucks, and enjoyed my week off. I had been rather stressed about all the work I needed to do, so it was a very nice break from that. I did some writing, weeding, and a ton of cleaning. 

I didn't really do a lot noteworthy this month other then hang with Micaiah. I went to work, I tried to write, and did a lot of weeding. When work is crazy and I'm trying to get away from overthinking words, or the every mounting mess in my room, I like to go out and weed in my mom's little "special spot" out in the front of the house. We have a little barn cat who loves sitting out there, and she likes to follow me around as I work. <3




My favorite new read was Dreams of Savannah by Roseanna White. It was an amazing look at the Cival war. My favorite re-read was Riddle of Ages by Trenton Stwart. My least favorite book was the Star Trek novel - it was very forgettable. 


Inside out: 
This was a re-watch for me (at least my fifth time). It's a sweet, funny, and while not super consistent, it's got some great moments.

Mission Impossible: 
I love mission impossible. My sisters and I re-watched a couple episodes of season five, which is the best season. 

Beauty and the Beast: 
I hadn't seen the old animation since we saw it on VHS probably ten years ago. I didn't enjoy it as much as the play, but it's still an epic movie.

Last Chance Detectives: 
This movie is just about the best. Christian kids, good story, epic dog. It was just fantastic. 

Lego Friends: 
I picked this up at the library because some of the kids I watch love lego friends. It was decently cute, but nothing to fantasic. Cute at best, forgettable at worst. 

Star trek: 
My sister and I are on season six of Stt Trek voyager. It isn't my favorite because we have to skip a lot of episodes. 

Prince Caspian: 
Micaiah and I re-watched this. It is my favorite Narnia film. It makes me want to cry every time. <3

Teen Beach Movie: 
This movie is adorable. I don't love some of the feminist messages they pushed, but Brady was fantastic. 

Lemonade Mouth: 
Micaiah showed me this. It was adorable. The music was great, and I loved the characters. It didn't have super relatable themes, but it was fun.

Soul: 
I have a lot of mixed thoughts about this one. I did love the message about enjoying the little things, but other then that the point was... very unclear to me. 22 is contrary, and doesn't want to live... because. Just because. This movie had some cute points, but I just did not understand the hype. 

Girl Meets World: 
Micaiah showed me a few episodes. Disney shows are just not my favorite. I'm not a big fan of how cheesy they are, or choppy. 

Newsies: 
Micaiah gave this to me awhile back, so it was great to finally watch it together. I don't love Jack's propensity to lie, but David is the best.

A Foggy Beach A Farm Girl's Life 
Warm Weather at Last Ellen's Musings 
Destiny and the Masters Hand The Destiny of One 


I had a blast this month. Hanging with Micaiah was amazing!! How was your month?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great month! I had a good March! A highlight of my month was getting to meet up with you and Micaiah! I also loved getting to see my grandparents and celebrate their birthdays and I loved the spring weather!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great month! Awww, I'm so glad we got to do that and am looking foreward to our next meeting! Oh, fun! Spring weather is defintely a plus!

      Delete
  2. Awww, so glad you had such a good time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely month! I'm so glad you and Micaiah had a good time <33

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!