Thursday, July 28, 2022

P E A C E



I found a place 

Where peace resides 

Where mornings come with bible 

And runs come with conversation 

Where church is a community 

And I can read before bed 

There are late nights in the pool 

Hot evenings on my bike 

There are letters from friends 

And texts every day 

There are pets sitting in my room 

And audio books on my phone 

There’s a new comfy quilt

And criss-cross socks 

It's a pink casset player 

And old cassets to go in it 

It's a play with beautiful sunset 

Where dragonflys don't fly away 

And deer stay in the backyard

Maybe those things aren’t peace 

But together they are

I never thought of peace like this 

But now it's here 

I want to hold onto it forever 


2 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!