Friday, July 15, 2022

W O R D S



Words 

Aren’t helping anymore 

Words 

Aren’t helping to describe 

Or to empty the ache anymore 

Words 

Aren’t filling me up 

And helping me heal 

But it’s little things 

That words don’t seem to describe 

Like when a bird 

Sits outside my window 

Or a kid 

Smiling up at my 

Sometimes the moments 

Feel like heartbreak 

Like seeing a photo 

Of a long time ago 

Or sending a text 

And getting no answer 

The healing and the hurting 

Are all mixed up now 

But maybe they are the same 

And I’ll know it later 

So for now I’m looking out 

For all those little things 

That words can’t describe 

Until I have words 

For all I want to say 



I have recently started keeping a gratitude journal and it has been the funniest thing to search throughout the day for all the good things. I highly recommend it. <3

2 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!