Saturday, July 2, 2022

June Highlights


June was a complete mixed bag of both amazing, and bad. It's one month I don't really know how to define, but I am so grateful for my friends who hung with me through it. 

Since the beginning of June is not horribly hot, I took a day and read in my hammock. Which was a win-win since I needed to read the book for review and it was awesome to spend time outside. Sometimes when work is super busy, it's hard to remember to spend enough time outside, so it's nice to take the summer and hang outside more. 

Since we live pretty far away from everything, I have three library cards for the library along my work rout, so my mom and I took a day, and renewed all of them, which was really fun! We went to the Austin central library, which is huge, and that was a blast. 

I'm working on sorting through my old photos, which is a lot. In June I sorted through most of my backlog from 2017-19 that was unsorted, and in July I'm hoping to tackle 2020-22. If I don't sort, and get rid of the useless photos, they become unmanageable really fast. 

A few months ago my favorite Half Priced Books was destroyed by tornado damage, and this month they finally reopened! I was so excited, I magaed to get a stack of books for an epic price. =D 

My sister and I starting babysitting for two new families, one with four kids, which was fun and chaotic. Rebekkah played an elaborate game of monkey in the middle for hours on end with them, and I read a lot of books to the younger kids. =) The other which was just one baby, which I rarely get the chance to work with, so I loved it!!

For fathers day, we had a family lunch at Whataburger, since that is his favorite restaurant. Then we hung out Sarah and Scotts apartment, and just enjoyed some time as a family. 

I decided it was high time I took back up biking, so I pulled out my bike. After cleaning a pound of dirt off of it, I took it for a ride which was awesome. I have missed it emencely, so I'm hoping I can get back into the habit of going on a regular basis. 

A dear friend had us over for a swimming party. This pool had a diving board! It was pretty epic. We enjoyed a day of swimming, and hanging out. We did a lot of "sycronyized" jumps, and had fun coming up with wacky ways of jumping into the pool. On a simular note, we finally got a pool again! It is an epic above ground one, and we are still working on setting it up, but I am very excited!

Rebekkah, Grace, and I made a time capsole together. It's some letters and a SD card to be opened in ten years. It was weird writing something that I knew wouldn't been seen for a long time! 

Well, to end the month off, my sisters and I passed around a cold. I spent four days curled up on the couch watching movies, and listening to books. I dug out an game of Rollar Coaster Tycoon and played that. Thankfully it was a light cold, so it didn't interrupt to much. =) 



My favorite new book was Kate's Informant by Sarah Holman. <3 That book was amazing! My only re-reads were the Romeo and Juliet code books (I'm getting better) and they were an enjoyable re-read. 


I got a month of Netflix to watch a movie with my friend Kate, so I tried out some stuff on there!

Carmen Sandiego: This show lived up to all the dreams of childhood. I loved playing Carmen Sandiago games as a kid. While I was a bit sceptical of making her a good guy, they totally rocked it. They kept with the fun education, and awesome puns. I would definitely recommend this show!

Bookworm and the Beast: I needed something one night and this looked very hallmark-esk. It was. Honestly, there was nothing wrong with it, but there was also nothing to make it fun. 

Captain America: Okay, so unpopular opinion here: I'm not big into superhero's. After high recommendations though, I decided to try Captain America and it did not live up to the hype. Cap was a good guy, but that's about all that's good about this movie. The bad guy had no definable motive, the supporting cast was either annoying, or quickly "killed" off (I say "killed" because I know no one truly dies, so it's hard to get sad). I found the bad guy to creepy, and the magic cube's abilitys to undefined. Also, the overarching theme was pretty bland. *Shrug* I didn't hate it, I just didn't find anything to like. 

Enola Holmes: I watched this with Kate, and really enjoyed a movie with the fourth wall broken so much. The plot and mystery were very enjoyable, and the characters fantastic. I found the violence to much, and some of the repeated actions a bit annoying (How many times does she need to swap clothes with someone??). But otherall, it was a cute movie! 

Magic Schoolbus: I revisited a bit of childhood here. Some of it was better then I remembered, some of it just downright weird. I remembered how much I hate them pasting kids faces on to animals. XD

Magic Schoolbus rides again: I thought this was an adorable re-boot series! They kept with the originals fun, while adding some new elements that made it even better. But I do miss the original catchprashe. "Be what you see" Just isn't inspiring like "Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!" 

Home: Kate watched this with me when I was having a bad day, and it was a cute little movie. Nothing hugely moving, but the music was epic, the characters very cute, and the ending sadusfying. 

The Railway Children: I loved this as a kid, so it was fun to re-watch and enjoy the characters journay all over again. 



How was your June? 

4 comments:

  1. I just finished The Brontes. It was a good read. as was The only Girl. That is a book about the AnaBaptist.. We are trying to get the house tidied up/ We have a new Dining room table. It has been hot the last few days.
    HAPPY 4th OF JULY
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikayla, New York is in a heat wave. We have the air-conditioner running day and night. I am reading book 2 In The Tales Of Ivy Hill. We watched our DVD Yankee Doodle Dandy movie starring James Cagney. We always watch it for July 4th. Have a good week and enjoy the holiday.
    HAPPY JULY 4th
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugg, that's frutation. I know the feeling, its been hot here to! Oh, fun! Happy fouth!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!