Friday, April 24, 2020

Quarantine, Puppies, and Rewriting


This week has been one of the best I've had in over a month. When this whole thing with COVID really came down, I was sick with a cold, and by the time I was better they were closing everything down. I made one last library run the day before they closed down and now I kind of own Toy Story 4 and a couple audiobooks until this whole thing is over! 

We've been taking groceries to some older neighbors, and I got pretty stressed out with the stores. All the people are so stressed out and worried about staying away from you that I just needed a break. So I've been home for a full week now, and I am hoping not to leave for quite a while.

Our dogs had puppies, so we've got a litter of seven puppies to keep us busy! They are now two weeks old, opening their eyes and starting to walk. We've already chosen which one we are going to keep, Ranger. He looks just like my dog, Luke, which is really fun! All the rest we are going to sell once they are old enough. 

This is Ranger, the puppy we're keeping. 

Since I've had a lot more time at home, I've been working a lot on my writing. I've been doing Camp NaNo, and I've been behind all month, but I'm having fun. My awesome friend Micaiah has been springing with me this week as I work on catching up, which has been a great inspiration. I'm working on re-writing a story I wrote a year and a half ago. This is the first time I've ever rewritten a book, so it's been fun and hard at the same time. And I also keep getting distracted by writing poetry. ;D 

So that's about it. I'm enjoying staying at home a lot, writing, and getting to play with puppies. What are ya'll up to this week?

8 comments:

  1. Your week sounds great Mikayla!! I've been doing school and cleaning and working out a lot. :)
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really was great! Wow, that's awesome! Way to go for staying so productive!

      Delete
    2. I'm trying! XD It's definitely difficult with quarantine, but trying to stay on track with my life even though there are bumps in the road. :)
      Have a great May, Mikayla!
      http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
      -Izzy

      Delete
  2. Sounds fun, Mikayla! I’ve been reading a lot, writing a lot, and doing college. XP That’s basically it, but it’s been good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sound great! How is your collage going? Are you enjoying it?

      Delete
  3. The puppies are so cute! And I can relate on both grabbing a ton of random things before the library closed, and on being stressed out by the stores. Lol. My mom has just been picking up my groceries for me when she goes shopping.

    This week I had some doctor appointments, practiced voice, wrote letters, watched a couple of movies... things like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've really been enjoying them. We're in this together. <3 Aww, that is so sweet of her!
      Oh, nice! Way to go for getting all that done. *High five*

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!