Saturday, January 9, 2021

My Top Ten Books of 2020

So 2020 was not my best reading year. I actually had trouble picking my top 10 simply because finding 10 new books from 2020 that I loved was hard. But I managed to find them. =) These are in no particular order. 

1.

The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Riddle of Ages by Trenton Lee Stewart 

I just started reading this series in 2019 (I think) and fell in love with it. I buddy read this with my friend Kate and loved it so much I read it again six months later. If you haven't read these books, I highly recommend them.

2.

Follow the Dawn by Rachelle Rea Cobb 

This is now my favorite book by Rachelle Cobb. It was beautiful, relatable, and amazing the core. It makes more sense if you've read her other trilogy, but you can read this as a stand alone. 

3.

The Bookshop Girl by Sylvia Bishop

Another book given to me by Kate. This book was insainly delightful. It has a dream worthy library, perfect cat, and fantastic characters. Don't let it's childish cover diswade you, it is amazing. 

4.

Interview with the Robot by Lee Bacon

As many of you know, I am very pickey with my sci-fi, so I was really excited when my sister recommended this audio drama. It features a lot of high teck, high stakes, and characters that feel real. It also really needs a sequel. ;)

5.

Lassie Come-Home by Eric Knight

I have no idea how I went so long without reading this. You know all the Lassie jabs you'll hear? Those people never read the book. This is not your typical animal book. Lassie is a deep, sweet, character driven book. I loved every page of it, and hope to re-read it soon. 

6.

Messy Grace by Caleb Kaltenbach

Wow, this book. I have never read a non-fiction that felt as eye opening as this one. If you want an amazing book on how to love people who are gay right where they are, this is a fantastic book 

7.

 

Ember's End by S.D. Smith

It's hard to belive this series is over!! I've only been reading this series for four years, but I love it so much. While Ember's End was not my favorite book in the series, it was an amazing book. 

8.

The Retrievers by Nicole Sager. 

This book has one of the most unquie plots I've read in awhile. It's about people who are eight inches tall, and it was amazing. The themes, action, and characters were just incredibly. Also, it features a deaf main character!

9.

Protecting the Poor by Amanda Tero

I loved this whole series, but this Robin Hood retelling was my favorite. Christian Robin Hoods are so rare, but love it. If you haven't read this series, I recommend starting with Befreinding the Beast! 

10.

The Story

I loved this more then I thought I would. It uses portions of scripture and nararation to show the over arcing story of the Bible. It was refreshing to zoom out and just see the story of the Bible. This is by no means a study Bible (Or even really a Bible at all, just parts of it), but it is great for a Christian looking to refresh themselves of the story without getting bogged down by lists of armies numbers. ;)


So, what were some of your favorite books in 2020? What was one that really impacted you?

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about struggling to find favorite reads from 2020. What I had at first thought would be my best post in the FFF party last year soon became one of the hardest as I wracked my brain for the books I'd read in that timeframe...and then narrowed the stack down to my top five.
    Your list looks interesting!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, it was a weird reading year. XD
      My pleasure!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE The Mysterious Benedict Society! Out of these books, I have also read the Lassie book (but not for a long time... aw, memories!) and The Story (and my old church also actually did The Story musical at Easter once and I was the narrator!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an epic series!! Lassie is the best. I wish I had read it ealier. =D
      Ohh, cool! I've heard the album of music, but never seen a production. That's really cool!

      Delete
  3. What a great list. Be warned, I will raid your bookshelves for some of these bookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, you'll have to get by me first! Or at least ask which one I think you'd like best first. ;)

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!