Saturday, January 16, 2021

W H Y


Today I stand 
Feeling more empty
As I thought I would 
That blow 
Which should have been small 
Met its mark 
And bruised me 
Now I stand 
Crying to my Father 
Wishing this hadn’t happened 
I know deep inside
It’s happened for a reason 
That knowledge isn’t helping today 
All I can do is stand 
And ask why 
And I have to believe 
That God’s okay with that 
Because He cares 
And when we come out 
On the other side 
I may not know why 
But I’ll know He was there 
To help me through the questions

7 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3
    Contemporary Christian artist Austin French has a song out called "Why God?" It's really good. Have you heard it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *big hugs* this is so good. I love your poems <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!