Friday, October 4, 2019

Five Fall Favorites || Childhood Favorites


Hey there! Today I've got Childhood favorite. I went back to when I was about 8-12. I can't pin it down for sure though. 

Note: All titles are linked to Goodreads.



In Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson. This whole series is a collection of real stories, and they are hilarious, sweet, and convicting. Definitely my favorite series as a kid. 


Rainbow Garden by Patricia St. John. This author's books really impacted me as a kid. They are about realistic kids and strong messages. 


Pollyanna by  Eleanor H. Porter. I was read this book so many times. Pollyanna encouraged me to find joy in everything and a bit of adventure too. 


Five Little Peppers by Margaret Sidney. I honestly could hug this book. This group of adorable little kids, making do with not much money really hit home with me as a kid.


The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner. I cannot tell you how many times I read this series. The mysteries, fun sibling interactions, and cool settings were my favorite.


Make sure to hop over to Rebekah Morris's blog (Read Another Page: linked below) to find the links to all the other posts and follow the link here to a giveaway for the books pictured above!



25 comments:

  1. Rainbow Garden was a favorite of mine, as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew all of those except the Patrica St. John one. I haven’t read many Boxcar Children (we don’t have them here) but I enjoyed the ones I read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, her's are good. I hope you can check them out! They are awesome. We had a ton of them, but I only ever read about fifteen. It's a good series. =)

      Delete
  3. Boxcar children books are so good!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have to read Pollyanna and Five Little Peppers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patricia St. John and the Five Little Peppers!! *all the heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma’s Attic! Five Little Peppers! Pollyanna! I LOVE all of them so much! Childhood Favorites is such a fun category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! I haven't met a lot of people who read Grandma's Attic, and they were like the best of the best! =D

      Delete
  7. I love those books!!! So many memories! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your picks today, Mikayla! I have read and loved all those books except "The Boxcar Children." I never read those growing. Or after I grew up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Lol, they are pretty fun! It's been awhile since I picked them up. I really should re-read them. =D

      Delete
  9. I like your choices. I have read most of the books you have listed.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mikayla Pollyanna and the sequels are some of my favorite books. The Five little Peppers is a great read too.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only ever read the first one, but I loved it! It is! =D

      Delete
  11. Great list! I love many of these too (I wonder why) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Pollyanna but I have seen the movie. The Boxcar Children are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is so much better! I hope you get to read it! =D They are pretty awesome.

      Delete
  13. I loved Grandma's Attic (My copies are a bit worn!):D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!