Friday, November 15, 2019

Classics


The awesome Gray Marie tagged me for this months ago, and I just now found the time to do it. Oh well, better late than never, right? Here's her post.

Rules: 

1. Link your post to Rebellious Writing 
2. Answer the questions
3. Tag at least 5 bloggers.



What is one classic that hasn’t been made into a movie yet, but really needs to?

Jack and Jill by Louisa May Allcott. Seriously, there are dozens of Little Women movies, but no Jack and Jill ones.

What draws you to classics?

The beautiful writing style. So many classics have amazing writing styles that just make me excited about how words flow. I rarely read books that have as beautiful styles as Jane Austen or Louisa May Allcott.

What is an underrated classic?

The Robe!! That book is so amazing. It encouraged me in my walk with God. And while I didn't agree with 100% of the conclusions the main character came to it left room for me to make my own decisions.



What is one classic that you didn’t expect to love, but ended up loving anyway?

The Bronze Bow. That book was recommended to me a dozen times before I finally read it because I didn't expect to like it. But it was incredible.

What is your most favorite and least favorite classics?

Emma by Jane Austen is my favorite and my least is Robin Hood. I love some movie versions of Robin Hood but I haven't like any of the classic books I've tried. 


What is your favorite character from a classic?

Emma from Emma by Jane Austen. I could relate to her a lot, and I loved how she was always trying to do the right thing, even if that didn't always turn out well. 

What’s a popular classic that you felt wasn’t actually that great?

Robinson Crusoe. I love a few movie adaptations I had seen and was disappointed to find that Robinson wasn't a very nice guy.

Who is your favorite classic author?

Surprise surprise, it's Jane Austen and Louisa May Allcot. Don't ask me to pick between them. I love them both. 


In your opinion, what makes a classic a classic?


A book that's style and theme is potent to all generations, and that has something in it for everyone.



If you would like to do this tag, please do and then drop the link to your post below!

What's your favorite classic? What do you think makes a book a classic?



4 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Jane Austen and Louisa May Alcott, as well.
    I love Emma, too, although I think I loved the book the most for Mr. Knightly. haha!
    Jack and Jill would be a fun movie (or Eight cousins).
    Robin Hood I was't a very big fan of, but did enjoy it more than I had thought I would.
    Robinson Crusoe I didn't care for either, I think because it is a lot of description and not a lot of dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!
      Mr. Knightley is pretty awesome! He is my favorite Jane Austen hero. =)
      Ohh, so true! I loved Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom! They would make a great movie or mini series!
      Yeah, it was a lot to get through.

      Delete
  2. Have you read Jane Eyre? Its a gorgeous story.
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't. I really haven't read a lot of classics, to be honest. ;D

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!