Friday, November 22, 2019

What's Up in My World


                                                                                                           


Hello everyone! I'm kind of drowning in NaNo right now, so I had intended to post something way cooler than just an update, but this is what you get. ;)

I already finished the main story I was working on for NaNo. Which has been a bit of a problem, since I thought it was going to be my only project. I've been experimenting with some flash fiction since I've never really made time to do that before, and have been having a blast! I'll probably polish up some of those and post them here later on. Today I'm going to dive into my next project, so we'll see how that goes!

I took a break from my writing last night to decorate my room for Christmas. I know, it's early for a lot of y'all, but Christmas is just. so. exciting. I couldn't help it. Now I've got pretty lights to look at while I write. =)

I've got to get back to writing, but here's a short (unedited) tidbit of my book where my who MC's (main character are on the road

"Did you pack snacks?" I asked, straining to look behind me.
"Maddie, breakfast was like two hours ago." 
I gave her a pointed look and she just laughed. 
"I packed snacks, but what makes you think I'll share them with you." She gave me a look of mock suspicion.
I rolled my eyes, throwing my hands up. "Come on, Jenny, don't let me starve. All I want is your caramel popcorn and I'll be fine."
"What makes you think I packed caramel popcorn?"
"What makes you think the sun is still in the sky?"
She laughed "I do have a bit of a reputation, don't I?"

4 comments:

  1. Flash fiction is so much fun!! And loved your tidbit. :)

    Happy NaNo, Mikayla, and great update post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to get it up on the blog! =D

      Thanks, Anna!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!