Friday, November 1, 2019

Where I Am and What I'm Writing


Hello everyone!! I am writing this from a hotel room. I've got a bit of downtime, so I thought I'd update y'all on what's going on.

One: The reason I am in a hotel room is that some of my family members and I are going to a gospel concert this weekend. It has some groups that I really love: Legacy Five, Ernie Hasse and Signature Sound, the Ball Brothers, and more. I went last year, and am super excited about going back now!

Two: I started on NaNoWriMo. I started writing at midnight, which was pretty fun. And I was up anyway packing. Last-minute packing is how I work best. ;) I wrote the rest of today's word count on the way up to the hotel since it's a five-hour trip. I am pretty happy with what I've got so far. If you didn't see it before, I'm writing a contemporary YA  road trip book. My characters are two girls in their late teen's road-tripping from Texas to Colorado. I am so excited about this book!!

Three: You may have (or may not have, if your like me) noticed that there were no highlights posts for September and October. They are coming, they are just going to be smashed into one post next Friday. When I unexpected joined in on Five Fall Favorites all thought of that post just went out of my mind.

That's about it! I need to go now, cause I need to get in a little more writing before the concert starts. =)

How is your month going? Can you believe it's already November? 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Hey, if you want to be buddies on NanoWriMo, my user name is Brooklyne E.! Best wishes on Nano!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I was having trouble finding you, but I would love to be friends with you on there! Here's the link to my profile: https://nanowrimo.org/participants/mikayla-holman If you send me a request I'll friend you!

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks! I just sent a invite!! :)

      Delete
  2. Have a good time and enjoy your self at the Gospel concert. Success with your writing.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Makayla. Have a nice time at the Gospel concert. Looking forward to your post on Friday. God Bless you and yours.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I look foreward to sharing it with y'all! You to!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!