Saturday, September 5, 2020

Ausgust Highlights


August was a mix of super chill, and hecticly busy as work started up again. 



I went completely off of lactose for two weeks. I am a weird mix of more than just sensitive, but not highly allergic, so I went 100% off to see if that would help some problems I was having. It helped a ton, so I am now about 95% lactose-free. If it's low enough on the ingredients list, I'll still eat it, (Like below salt or things like that) because that means there's probably not enough in the product to give me problems. So yeah, that's meant mainly just giving up a few products, but not to much.

I saw my first accident actually happen. I was with my mom and we saw someone using the turn lane to get around traffic, and they plowed into someone turning into the business from the median. Thankfully they both seemed fine, but it was still kind of scary to see. Needless to say, I sincerely hope you never catch me using the turn lane for anything other than turning. =P

I deep cleaned my room in anticipation of work starting. Boring, but it felt very good to get done.

I did something I haven't done in a long time: I sat down and read a book straight through. Six hours on the couch just reading through Follow the Dawn by Rachelle Rea. The book was epic, and just reading like that was great.

Me and a random feild of cotten, because why not?

We're getting a new young adult pastor,  which is pretty bittersweet. Aaron was my first Young Adults pastor, and he is awesome. It's sad to see him go, but our new pastor, Bart, is pretty cool as well and I'm looking forward to seeing our group grow.

So I was reading a book and came across this really creepy part... at midnight. My sister happened to be up, so she watched a very chill Star Trek Voyager with me to get my mind off of it. It worked beautifully, and now we can say we've watch Star Trek till 1AM. XD

My brother and I were on our way home from church and we saw some stuff out by our neighbors trash. We got two tables with stools, and a fishtank with all the plants, food and stuff. That was pretty fun. Trash out in our area can be awesome. XD

I played a lot of Mario Kart. That was really fun.

Some of my sibings and I. <3

I started work at three new jobs. I'm a babysitter, so on Monday I work with my sister Rebekkah teaching preschool at a homeschool co-op. On Tuesday I watch one darling little girl (We mainly just play), Wednday and Friday I watch 3-5 kids (including my darling). It's been a lot to learn since I'm not used to working with this many kids just me, but it's been good. My sister Rose and I get to carpool, so we're reading a book together! =D

Us three youngest randomly met up in town for Pizza. <3

Our church met on Saturday night once becasue the hotel we meet at had a wedding on Sunday morning. So my sister and I got dinner together, then went to church. It was pretty fun!

My whole family went to the zoo together. It had been quite awhile and it was HOT but we had a blast. =D


Honestly I love SO many of the books I read. Follow the Dawn was amazing. In 27 days might have been my least favorite, but it was my own fault. I knew what I was getting into. ;P


Currently... Eliza Noel
Cute Iron-on Transfer Shoes Life Without a Latte
There is Good Coming. There is. All I Know is Grace
Save the Supportive Best Friends Once Upon an Ordinary

So, how was your month? Ever rescued treasures from someone elses trash?

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a busy month!! And I'll have to check out a few of the books you mentioned. They sound great! ;)
    Thanks for linking back to my blog post!! <3 I'm so glad God could use that simple little musing to bless you. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy month! Oh, I hope you enjoy them if you get the chance to read some! My pleasure! It was a great post. <3

      Delete
  2. That’s so cool you and Rose are reading a book while carpooling! I’m glad going off lactose has helped, but sorry you’ve had to give up some products. I can relate to that struggle! And thank you for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been really fun! =D Ehh, it's a small price to pay for feeling good. It just feels like a big deal when everyone else is eating something I can't. XD My pleasure!

      Delete
  3. Thank You Mikayla for the update. You sure are a busy lady. Good luck with preschool.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Haha, yeah, it's been pretty busy around here. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Mikayla glad you had a good August. You sure red a lot of books. Continued success with the preschool.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, it was a heavy month for books! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an awesome month, Mikayla! :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!