Friday, February 12, 2021

Ideal Inspitaion Tag

I got tagged by Izzy from the blog Isabella Kate to do the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award. I'm honestly going to skip over almost all of the steps because I hate rules, but I'm going to answer the questions! 


 1. What is your favorite summer activity?

Obviously, I've waited too long to answer this since there is now ice on my windows. But, in the summer I really like to take nighttime walks in the warm weather. That makes me very happy. Also, I really love eating watermelon on the porch. 

2. Favorite stationary product and why?

Well, I really love wax seals. Those are just fun to put on and they make the letters feel fancy. But I also really love pens. I am fairly picky about my pens, but I just really love them. I have never really liked pencils unless we're talking about drawing. 

3. How did you first get introduced to blogging?

My older sister started blogging when I was a kid, and so I knew about it from her. She helped me set up my very first blog, The Bubblegum Ballerina when I was thirteen. 

4. How do you manage blogging and school + life?

I am not in school anymore, but I do work three days a week. When I'm not working, I am able to spend a lot of my free time doing whatever I want. So it's pretty easy for me to fit in a blog post once a week. I used to spend a lot more time writing blog posts and networking, but now I have cut back to accommodate how much time I'm working, and doing other projects. 

5. Best tips for how to start blogging

1. Start out simple. Post once a week to start with. Don't burn yourself out or overwhelm your readers. Twice a week is probably the max you want to do or else people are going to stop paying attention. You can always schedule out posts! 

2. Get a good design. My blog may not be the best example of this, since I made my own, but get a good design for your blog. Either pay someone or get a friend who knows their stuff to help. I would always lean towards simplistic, you can always add more to it later but you really don't want your blog to be overwhelming with colors and pictures. 

3. Have fun. If the blog isn't fun for you, it probably isn't fun for anyone. Choose subjects you are passionate about and just enjoy writing about them.


So there you have it. If you don't already follow Izzy, you should check out her blog! What are you looking forward to most come summer?

8 comments:

  1. Fun tag!! <3 I'm looking forward to being able to jog in shorts and a T-shirt again. XD
    Watermelon is so good!! (and honestly, I enjoyed seeing something summery in the thick of winter, so thx for sharing. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, nice! I get tierd of putting on a whole load of stuff just to get the mail. I'm looking foreward to being able to just waltz out the door. XD
      Yes!! I'm glad. I enjoyed thinking about summer myself. =)

      Delete
  2. I am a pretty new blogger, so I really liked the advice you gave! It's encouraging to me that you recommend only posting 1-2 times per week because I couldn't really manage more than that anyway. I enjoyed reading this post, Mikayla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad! When I started blogging I was doing three times a week and I completly burned myself out a few times. I hope you can find a good schedule that works well for you!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Agreed with the tips! Have fun and others will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to the warmth. :D I loved the snow, but if it's under 70 I am too cold. :P

    Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same here! I love 65 though. I will miss the nice cool evenings, but not the cold. =P Thank you!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!