Saturday, February 27, 2021

T H I S M O M E N T

 For years 

I have worried 

About this moment 

And here it is 

For years 

I have wondered 

What it would be like 

And now I know

Somehow 

It is different 

Than anything I imagined 

Not in a bad way 

But in a good way 

Somehow 

It’s like my wildest dream 

Didn’t hold a candle to this 

And all my worrying 

Was forgotten after the moment began 

I’m beginning to see 

That this was the plan all along 

And this was the day 

Set out before time 

And I didn’t need to worry 

I’m beginning to see 

That this is better then my dream 

And this is better then my hopes 

And I wouldn’t trade it 

For anything in the world 

Somehow 

God worked it all perfectly 

And somehow 

For years 

I’m beginning to see

He’s known about this moment 

And prepared me for it


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem!! And I love that picture of the bluebird. :D Did you take it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I did. I was so excited to get a good picture of one finally!

      Delete
  2. This was perfect to read today <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!