Friday, February 19, 2021

Snowbound!

Texas has been under (for us) a pile of snow for the last week. My family and I are safely tucked in our house amazingly with both power and water. Though I am beginning to get quarantine vibes because I haven’t been out since Friday! 😉

During the last week I’ve mostly just been hanging out with family, but I’ve got a few things that have just made this whole time much more fun. 


1. The Chosen. This show is following Jesus’s life through the eyes of his followers. My family owns a set of the DVDs, but you can watch the show for free on their app! 

2. Chocolate Chai tea. This stuff is the best. Tazo makes it and it is the most amazing thing. Add a little bit of sugar and milk and it’s perfect for snuggling up under a blanket and reading. 

3. The online library. I actually have four library cards (It’s what you get for living out in the country and moving around a lot for work and church), so I have access to an insane amount of online material. Especially since I’m stuck at home right now, I have been so grateful to get online and be able to download books to read! Right now I’m working through some audio books by S.D. Smith. 

4. Nancy Drew games. My sister and I are playing though Danger by Design. I do not play many computer games, but the Nancy Drew ones are my favorite any time I get in the mood. If you’ve never played them before, you should start with Trail of the Twister.

5. ESV journaling bible. I usually read the NIV or NLT, but in November I bought myself an ESV journaling book of Jerimiah and I have been loving it. I do not take enough time to slow down and read each book of the Bible, so this year I am slowly working my way through Jerimiah and it has been amazing. The text is printed on one side page, and the other side just has lines for writing, its pretty epic! 


I hope you enjoyed this very eclectic list of things I am loving while stuck at home. Drop me a comment below and tell me what you’ve been loving lately. Also, if you’ve got any book recommendations, tell me, I could use some fresh reads!

10 comments:

  1. Fun post!! I'm thankful to hear you all still have your power and water. :) This has been a crazy winter for everyone, it seems. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am super greatful as well! It has! I've never seen this much snow in my life. XD

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a cool Bible journaling idea!! I love it!
    Glad you all are safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah? I've been reading Jeremiah for just about a month and seeing more in it than I have before. You picked a very thought provoking book to work through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to watch The Chosen (I've saw 1-2 episodes) + chocolate chai sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After episode 2 it gets much more upbeat! It is epic!

      Delete
  5. Yay! Glad y'all had a great snow time! :) I had had fun, but also spent a ton of time carrying hot water to the goats and freaking out about the pipes. :P But God took care of us and we never lost electric and the pipes were fine. :) I baked a toooon of muffins and cheesy biscuits and stuff. :D

    I really want to see The Chosen, but I really don't want it to influence how I read the Bible. Maybe after I've read the Gospels a couple dozen more times I'll try it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Our Rebekkah spent a good amount of time carrying hot water to goats. I only helped some but wow, I'm so glad they keep themselves warm most of the time! Ohh, fun! Cheesy biscuits are just about the best!

      I can understand that! I hope you enjoy it when you watch it!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!