Friday, September 20, 2019

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me


I thought it would be fun to do a post about some things you might not know about me! These are just random facts I thought about. 

1. I love bagels. (I thought I'd start this list off with something lighter) If you have ever spent a few days with me, you probably know this. Bagels make up 90% of my breakfasts and dinners when I can.

2. I love old(er) TV shows. Bionic Woman, Emergency, Star Trek Next Generation, Roy Rogers, and so many more. Older TV shows just make me happy!

3. I like to write to music with words. I have one series I'm writing that has a whole playlist I write to. Only when I am very, very deep into writing do I switch to instrumental.

4. I have over 200 font's downloaded from free font sites. As someone who loves to dabble in graphics design, fonts without copyrights are always a good thing. So I follow sites that give them out for free and I collect way too many. In case you're wondering, yes, I do use them, just not all of them.

5. I don't like sad music. I like songs that move me deeply, that are slow, and borderline sad. But songs that are sad just to be sad? Not my thing.



6. I love audiobooks. The very first audiobook I listened to was Little Women and I listened to it about five times before I realized it wasn't the only audiobook in the world. I love multi-tasking, so audiobooks make my life amazingly better.

7. I wanted to work for NASA as a kid. I did not want to be an astronaut, but I loved space and wanted to work for people exploring it.

8.  I've got three NASA shirts, a jacket, a NASA sticker, keychain, and a photo signed by a real astronaut specifically to me. I'm a fan (if you ever want to get me a gift, NASA stuff is a safe way to go).

9. There is only one season that I don't like: Winter. I love all the other seasons, but I detest winter. Unless it brings snow, then I'm okay with it, since snow only comes every few years.

10. I am the proud owner of a ten-year-old iPod. I'm not really into Apple, but it has been an amazing little device and it was the very first electronic I owned.


So there you go, ten things you may have not known about me. What are some facts about you?

10 comments:

  1. My sisters and I were slightly obsessed with Roy Rogers growing up (maybe we still are.;) ), so it's always fun to find fellow admirers! I also really like Gunsmoke and Rifleman.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Roy Rogers. I'm really not into Westerns, but he was awesome! I never watched Gunsmoke, but I have seen a couple episodes of Rifleman! =)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mikayla, Here are a few things about me. 1. I have an identical twin sister. 2. I also love bagels.3. I love chocolate. 4. Italian food is my favorite. 5. I love to read most all genres of books. 6.My favorite singers are Eydie Gorme,Elvis Presley and Steve Lawrence. 7.I love old rock n' roll music. 8.Pink is my favorite color. 9.Autumn is my favorite season 10.I don'like summer,too high temperatures and bugs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! Bagels are the best. Italian food is awesome!!! Autumn is pretty awesome. Lol, I Summer is my second favorite season. I love the heat. =D

      Delete
  3. Hi Mikayla;
    1. I am an identical twin and have an older sister. 2.My main hobby is genealogy 3.Blue is my favorite color 4. I like reading,historical books , Reading children's books,especially the olden ones are a favorite read. 5. Chicken and all the trimmings is my favorite food. 6.Vanilla ice cream is my favorite flavor. 7.Fall is my favorite season 8.I can't tolerate the summer weather. 9.I love bagels. 10. Love baseball,basketball(The Mets,Baltimore Orioles and the Knicks) watching gymnastics,ice skating and swimming. Bowling is a sport that I have participated in.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool! I tease that I'm a twin with my older sister because she and I are so alike. =) Fall is pretty awesome. Gymnastics are so fun to watch! I love watching the ice skating to!

      Delete
  4. This is so fun! Old TV shows are the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They really are. I had so much fun watching Emergancy with you! =)

      Delete
  5. We use to watch Roy Rogers all the time!! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Roy Rogers! He's just about the only Western star I love!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!