Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Remember

Photo by Jesse Mills on Unsplash

People say I’m too young 
To really remember 
Maybe it’s true 
Maybe I didn’t see 
The towers falling 
Maybe I don’t fully know 
The horror of that day 
But you know what? 
I've felt the effects 
The shockwaves  
Rippling through time 
I've felt the tension  
As people talk about terrorist 
I saw people silently 
Choosing not to fly anymore 
I saw people rising 
Against insurmountable odds 
I saw the sad glint 
As people talk about freedom 
I’ve watched the towers fall 
I’ve seen people cry  
As the horror hits them again 
I’ve seen people vow 
They’ll help this country heal 
They’ll be the ones to rise  
I may not remember  
When those planes were hijacked 
Or when the towers first fell 
I may never fully understand
All that it did to this country 
But I know that God gave this country grace 
To rise again from the ashes  
To heal and to help others 
And eighteen years later 
God’s still using this day 
To draw us to Him 

 

1 comment:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!