Saturday, September 7, 2019

August Highlights


Here are my highlights from August!


I hadn't been to a baseball game since I was about eight, and then in August, I got to go to two games! I got free tickets once, and then our church went, so my family went. Both times our team won and they put off fireworks at the end. Since baseball is the only sport I really enjoy watching, it was fun.

My siblings and I went swimming a lot. We go almost every day, so it's pretty awesome!

After going to a lot of Little Free Libraries and getting a couple books from them, I finally got to donate some books to one. It was so fun! Those things are the cutest.

I got to meet the awesome Gray for lunch.

I did a good bit of editing in my book Just Your Ordinary Sister. I have really been loving diving back into this book because it's been three years since I actually completed a book in this series. I am super close to finishing, so I'll probably be doing a post on it soon!


I got sick three times this month. That wasn't what I would have chosen, but God was so gracious and each time was pretty short!

We had a flat tire once, and a couple days later our spare tire almost fell down from underneath the car. Both times we had people stop and help us. It's just another thing I love about Texas. =)

I started a new babysitting job every Monday for a Classical Conversations group. If you don't know what that is, don't worry, I am not completely sure myself. ;D

We got some rain, which since we are in a stage two drought was a huge blessing. It wasn't a lot of rain, but anything is amazing.



Me and four of my siblings went to a young adults retreat. We played games, did church, and went skating. They did a trivia game, and I got two points by knowing what Adventure and Oddessy and Veggie Tales are. Which is amusing since I don't even like Veggie Tales. Anyway, we had a great time playing games in the hotel, and hanging out with people.

I got my first bank account! I have been meaning to get myself one for a while, but just now got around to it. =)

We went to see Overcomer for my sister Rose's birthday and it. was. amazing! If you get the chance, you should watch it!

I started a scrapbook for the first time in my life. It has been a lot more fun then I thought it would be. For some reason, before I started I had it stuck in my head that it would have to look perfect, and once I actually started I was like "wait, I can do this anyway I want!" and just had fun. =)



I re-read five books this month (mainly because I gained access to some audiobooks), so my favorite re-read was Before Amen. My favorite new book was a toss us between Annies Life in Lists and Once Upon a Dime.

Chiaroscuro Apples A Farm Girls Life
July in Review Little Blossoms for Jesus
Do I have That Book Once Upon an Ordinary
An End-of-Summer-Volg Life Without a Latte
What I Spend In a Week Now All I Know Is Grace
Baby Your So Classic and Welcome to My Room Sunshine and Joy

How was your month? Do you like baseball? 

10 comments:

  1. Nice hearing from you Mikayla. You had an active and fun August. I like baseball. My favorite team is the Baltimore Orioles. Nice reading.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Cool! All I really watch is our local team, The Express, when we got to games. =)

      Delete
  2. Thank You for the update. Mikayla, you had a busy and productive August. I like baseball. I have two favorite teams, The New York Mets and The Baltimore Orioles.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for stopping by! Cool! I've never actually watched a whole game on TV or anything, just the games I've gone to in person. =)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a good month!
    It was good to see you. And I still think it's cool that we both work for a classical conversations group! :)
    That's amazing about you book!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a good month!
      It was good to see you to! Yes! I love that we both work for the same group, just different places. =D
      Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. I LOVED OVERCOMER. It's now my favorite Christian movie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to!! My favorite is still The War Withen, but Overcomer is pretty high on the list!

      Delete
  5. Well, you already saw my August recap xD oh, thank you for the shoutout! I’m glad you enjoyed my post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and it was great! You're welcome. You're posts are awesome!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!