Saturday, December 7, 2019

November Highlights


It was such an awesome month! 



My parents, Grace, Rebekkah, and I went to a gospel concert together. We saw so many good groups, and found some new favorite songs. I got to see Legacy Five, Ball Brothers, Greater Vision, Ernie Haase, and more. It was incredible. I felt so filled up by the amazing music, and the testimonies. I had fun doing NaNo in between the concerts. I got to hang with my sisters, and do some book shopping. It was a truly amazing weekend.

Both of my consistent childcare jobs ended for the year. It was sad saying goodbye to all of them until January, but it's a really nice break.

I got to go to tea with the awesome Abigayle Claire. It was such a fun morning hanging with her.



My sister and I filled a shoebox for Samaritans Purse. I hadn't done one since I was a kid, and it was so much fun.

NaNo took up a huge part of my month. I thought the story I had picked would be 50k, but it ended up only being 15k. That threw me through a loop, and I had a bit of burn out as I scrapped together some flash fictions to keep me going. That ended up being pretty fun, and I got stuck with inspiration to finish a story I had tried to write a few years ago. Overall, it was a bit of a roller coaster, but I had a lot of fun. This was my seventh year completing NaNo, and I broke my all-time record for how much I wrote in a day. I did 6k. =D

My dog discovered hanging his head out the window. My heart is happy.

After a whole year of taking off, our Frisbee group started up again! It's harder right now, cause I am out of shape, but it's fun to push myself again.

Our septic went out for a bit, so we had to be very limited on the amount of water we used. It made me realized how grateful I am for normal running water!

These are slips we wrote throughout the year with things we are grateful for on them.


My family went up to Dallas together. We got to see two of my Great Aunts, so many cousins and had a lot of fun time just hanging out in the car for nine hours out of the day. ;D

I decorated for Christmas!! My sister and I have a little three-foot tree and a Christmas village. =D

I attended so many good Bible study's this month. I have been so blessed to find girls who are eager to dig into God's word. I got to go to one where we sat around a campfire, roasted marshmallows, and it was great.



I reread some really good books this month, so my favorite re-read was Wren. <3

Etcetera A Farm Girl's Life
Fading Chasing Moonlight 
Dear Boy Sunshine and Joy
Not Giving Up Fifth out of Ten
November Wrap-up Now All I Know is Grace
Reading Problems Book Tag Little Blossems for Jesus

How was your month? And your Thanksgiving?


10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an awesome November! And thanks so much for including my post in your "favorites!" Also, I wanted to apologize if I have been absent on your blog the last many months... I just discovered your posts go into my spam folder in my email. But I think I got it straightened out now so I should be able to see all of your future posts right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Your posts are amazing! <3
      Oh no!! I'm glad you got it straintened out! I love having you around here!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mikayla;
    It is nice reading your November doings. We had a nice Thanksgiving. Our Turkey was almost 18 lbs,way too big for us. Just about finished it this week. Last week we put up the small tree in the bedroom. Little by little we are decorating for Christmas. I have been reading Christmas books.
    Merry Christmas To You and Your Family
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad you had a good Thanksgiving!
      Awew, that's awesome! I love decorating for Christmas! =D
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Thank You for the November highlights. We put up our 8 foot live tree yesterday. We will put the lights and decorations on this week. I just finished decorating the outside. I just have to put the garlands on the railings. I have been reading a few Christmas books and Fall and Thanksgiving ones,too. I am reading the 9th book in the Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill series. Enjoy the Christmas season. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool!! Live tree's are so pretty! =D Ohh, how fun! What's your favorite Christmas book? Nice!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, my childcare job ends until the next semester today and I'm wayyy too ready for a break!

    And decorating for Christmas is so much fun! We have a village as well. :)

    I hope you have an amazing December, Merry Christmas, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! We both get a break! ;D

      That's so cool! We have a tiny little bookshop, which is my favorite part. =D

      Marry Christmas, Gray!

      Delete
  5. Awwww, I’m so glad you enjoyed my post! <3 I love reading your Wrap-ups, Mikayla!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post's are awesome, Katja, keep up the good work!
      Thank you so much!! =D

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!