Friday, January 10, 2020

Decemeber Highlights



December was SO full I don't even know how to sum it up. My family did so much I am kind of still recovering from the breakneck pace. But it was awesome.


We went to two amazing walkthrough nativities. One was with repeating scenes that you walked past. The other was interactive, and you could talk to the characters! Both were super fun, and it was an amazing reminder of the reason for the season. 

My sisters and I attended our first Christmas Tree lighting in a nearby town. We got there and were looking around at all the booths... and missed the actual lighting. But it was super fun anyway. 


And probably my low point of the month; I scrapped my first car. I was pulling out of a parking spot, didn't pay enough attention, and ended up scrapping the car next to us pretty bad. The good news was it was at our church, and the family was really nice about it. =) 

We had our annual Christmas party and attended two more. So many fun people, so many good desserts. ;)

I did a lot more crafting this month than normal. I got to sew book sleeves and paint dozens of Christmas cards. I listened through several audiobooks and just had a blast. =D 

I did a couple of babysitting jobs, which was fun. Most of my jobs follow the school year, so I was glad to have the work, and I loved hanging out with the kids. Driving home at midnight with my sister one time after a job was interesting. 


My family went to San Antonio. The city is just about the best. We went to all the missions except the Alamo (it's honestly no fun), and then we went down to the river and walked for a while. They string Christmas lights on every tree that dangle down and just make the place feel magical. 

We celebrated Christmas early because my brother worked the 24'th and 25'th. So the Sunday before we opened presents, played a lot of games, and just hung out. It was awesome. 

We did a lot of light searching this year. We drove around with homemade hot chocolate and enjoyed people's light displays. My sister and I went to a walkthrough light show on a lake that was pretty awesome. 

And the last thing we did for the year was have a sibling Wii party. We shut it off just before midnight and heralded in the new year together with moderately quiet cheers because our parents were asleep. =)



Most of this months was re-reads. (Actual I only read three new books. Oops) So, my favorite new book was A Very Bookish Christmas and my favorite re-read was Happiness Hill and the Destiny Trilogy. <3

I'm Engaged Aria Lisette
Light has Come Totally Graced
Library People A Storynerds Life
Tongues in Trees A Farm Girls Life
Fun Things to do When You're Sick Life without a Latte
Blogmas 2019 (The whole series is fantastic) Now All I Know is Grace

How was your Decemeber? What was your favorite part about Christmas?

2 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!