Friday, January 17, 2020

My Top Ten Books of 2019



2019 was an absolutely amazing reading year. I read 130 books, which is no record for me, but it was so packed with good books. I read a big mix of re-reads and new books, so it was pretty easy to choose my top ten out of the new books that I read.

1. Lord, Change My Attitude

4624196

This book is one of the most lifechanging, amazing books I have ever read. It's convicting, and always points to God as the only one who can help you change your attitude. 
If you can get this book, do. 


2. Unoffenable 

22574570

This book was a bit of a myth buster for me. It really talked about how we are way to easily offended and how it is so unnecessary and unbiblical. 


3. Left Turn to the Promised Land 

42940269. sy475

This authors honest about her writing and spiritual journey are just SO encouraging. It's a great look at what it really means to be an indie author.


4. Firmament: No Man

48470740. sy475

This series is just about the best and this book was one of the most emotionally packed of the series. 


5. Imagine Heaven 

26014352

This book gave such a powerful glimpse of what heaven will look like from people who have been there and come back. I was a bit skeptical going in, but this book is seriously amazing. 


6. A Very Bookish Christmas 

48056260. sy475

With a combination of some of my favorite authors ever, this collection was amazing. Each one was a retelling of a classic book, and each one had a really good theme. 


7. Plan to Fail 

43845448. sy475  

The whole Emily Abbott series should be here, but this one was my absolute favorite. It's a really cool spy series with 0% gore, icky romance, or unlovable characters. It's pretty much the best. 


8. The Protector 

595822

So, funny story, I ended up reading this twice this year. It was amazing guys. I fell in love with the O'Malley series as I read in, and my sister got me the audiobooks so I could listen to it. Jack's book was by far the best. <3 


9.  Cleftlocke

38821489. sy475

I was so excited to catch up on Nicole Sagers books, and this was by far my favorite. Not only does it have an epic tree-house living people, but the characters are incredible. 


10. Ember Rising 

38102225. sy475

Yes, this is a middle-grade book about warrior rabbits. Yes, it may look a little silly. Believe me, it's not. This series is super cool that kept me on the edge of my seat. Check it out, it's awesome. 



Have you read any of these books? What was your favorite book of 2019?

6 comments:

  1. Cool! I've wanted to read Unoffendable, and Lord, Change my Attitude Before it's Too Late sounds like a good thing for me to read!:)

    The Rabbit Books! I want to read those! I love Redwall and Mistmantle, so, books about warrior animals are a lot of fun for me. You might like Mistmanlte if you like the rabbit books! It's about squirrels, otters, hedgehogs, and maybe moles? They live on an island ruled by an evil tyrant squirrel and it's got Christian and pro-life themes, rapped up in a super fun adventure! God used the third book to help me a lot with fear when I was younger. :)

    Great books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really awesome book! I hope you get the chance to read it!

      They are super cool! I wish I could lend them to you, but unfortunatly I only have kindle copys. =(

      How fun!! I'll have to check them out. Sounds like a fun cast of characters! Otters are always a good idea. ;)

      Thank you!! <3

      Delete
  2. BRANT HANSEN!!!!!!!! I loved that book so much -- his podcasts and words are so inspiring and challenging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book!! It was amazing!! I have never listened to his podcasts, I'll have to look them up!!

      Delete
  3. A Very Bookish Christmas was lovely. And Plan to Fail! Yes! That series was so good! <33 I’m so excited for Season 2!! I really want to read S.D. Smith’s books and J. Grace Pennington’s. I have a few of Nicole Sager’s, I think, which I need to read...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I can't wait for season to as well!! Both of their books are awesome!! =D
      You should, they're fantastic!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!