Friday, January 31, 2020

Never Have I Ever Tag (Writers Edition)


I saw this tag on Jenna Terese's blog and it looked like so much fun I decided to do it! So here are some things that I have, and have not done as a writer!
Also, I finally updated my profile pictures and the ones in the "about me" page! The photos in this post are ones I had left over. =)

Never have I ever…

…started a novel that I didn’t finish…
Yes, but only once, and that's because it was a co-write that the other author did not want to finish. The only other novel that I have started and not completed is simply waiting for a few months until I get time to finish it. 


…written a story completely by hand…
No. Halfway through writing my very first story by hand I couldn't stand it and I switched to the computer. 

…changed tenses midway through a story…
I don't think so. But that's because I rarely ever use anything other than first-person past tense.  

…not researched anything before starting a story…
All. The. Time. I hate research. Most of the time I write contemporary stories that require little to no research. 

…changed my protagonist’s names halfway through the draft…
I feel like this is something I would do, but I never remember actually doing it. ;)

…written a story in a month or less…
Several times. Most of my stories are novellas, so writing them in a month is pretty easy. 

…fallen asleep while writing…
More times then I care to count. In a family of eight late at night is the quietest time, and one of my favorite times to write, but I don't normally stay up late so I fall asleep easily.


…corrected someone’s grammar IRL/online…
Only with my family, and most of the time just for fun because we never mind. I try to never do it online, or in person. Mostly because I believe it's really rude, but also I do not have fantastic grammar myself.

…yelled in all caps at myself in the middle of a novel…
Yes. Mostly on bad nights in the middle of NaNo. 

…used “I’m writing” as an excuse…
Yes. Sometimes during NaNo, or when I have a deadline I've set for myself, I will put other things off for my writing. 

…killed a character that was based off someone I know in real life…
No. I rarely ever kill characters, but when I do it's rarely the ones based off real people. 

…used pop culture references in a story…
Yes! But not often. Actually, it's been a long time since I've done that. 

…written between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m…
No. I do not like staying up past midnight and I am not really awake until seven at the earliest, and I don't really write before nine. 

…drank an entire pot of coffee while writing…
No. I hate coffee. I do not drink it at all. 

…written down dreams to use in potential novels…
I have actually written a story based off of a dream. But I do write down notable ones. 



…published an unedited story on the internet/blog/Wattpad…
Yes. I published a short story on my blog that was only edited by me. 

…procrastinated homework because I wanted to write…
Honestly, it's been a while since I've been in school, so I don't know. I don't think so, though. I always liked getting school done before writing. 

…typed so long that my wrists hurt…
All the time. My wrists are not super strong. ;D

…spilled a drink on my laptop while writing…
Once, a very long time ago I spilled a drink on my mom's laptop and ruined it. Now I never keep drinks near my computer. 

…forgotten to save my work/draft…
My word document automatically saves, so I never really forget. But I have had it incorrectly save before. 

…finished a novel…
I have finished two full-length (50K) novels and over thirty stories everywhere from 5k-40k. 

…laughed like an evil villain while writing a scene…
Absolutely. 

…cried while writing a scene…
Twice. But both of them were not actually that emotional, but I cry at weird times.

…created maps of my fictional worlds…
Once, I think. I keep a pretty good map in my head and it does not transfer to paper well. 

…researched something shady for a novel…
Of course! It also helps that my brother is a nurse, so all my stabbing/shooting/general medical questions can be directed to him.  

So, when do you normally write? Ever yell at yourself in all caps?

2 comments:

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!