Friday, January 24, 2020

When Life Gets Crazy Busy




I'm used to a really laid back schedule in life. Really, really laid back. Up until recently, I would go out of the house at the most three days in a week, but most of the time just two.
I have now been out of the house every day for a week. And I won't have a home day for another full week. I accepted two more babysittings, so I am now working three days a week (all only a few hours at a time though), and I am trying to keep up with Bible studies, and church.

On Wednesday evening I was just about ready to cry. I do not like spending this much time out, even if it is for work. Some of the kids are not the nicest (go figure, they're human too), and trying to make sure I had enough food, sleep, time to relax, and time to work on my other projects was looking overwhelming.

I was sitting on my window seat, and I was thinking over all the stuff that I've had going, and I realized something: I wouldn't give it up even if I could. Even though it's making my life crazy busy, I'm learning a lot from these jobs that I would if I was just sitting at my desk all day.

The kids are definitely teaching me patience, and they're showing me that sometimes you just have to let go of your facade of control. I can't micromanage ten kids, and I was never supposed to. Admitting that has made my outlook on my job a lot better. Cause honestly, me thinking I controlled ten six through eleven-year-olds is rather laughable.

This week God has shown me so many ways that He is there for me. From giving me patience when I desperately need it, to sending people to help me, to just giving me little kids who want me to hold them. I've got just about the sweetest job ever, and I may not always be as grateful as I should be but I am so glad God gave me this opportunity to grow.  Life will slow down again, there will be new lessons to learn, but I want to thrive in this time God has given me.

4 comments:

  1. Babysitting is great for preparing to have our own family some day, too. ;)

    Also, I have found that during the busy seasons of life, I will often get used to it after a few weeks. Some times we can make life too busy, but sometimes it is just where God wants us to be and we just have to put other things on hold for a little while (or manager our time better :)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is. It teaches a lot of practical skills. =D

      Apsalutly! I agree 100%!

      Delete
  2. Amen, Mikayla! This was a great post. <3

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!