Friday, October 7, 2022

Five Awesome Historical Books



Hey! Today we're here with the next to last day of Five Fall Favorites hosted by the great Kate! Today I am sharing five awesome historical fiction books. 

Click on the image for the Goodreads page, or the title for my review. 


1. The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas 


This book was one of the most incredible historical fiction books I have ever read. It helped me really see Jesus through the eyes of the time. 

2. From the Dark to the Dawn by Alicia A. Willis 


The book made me laugh, and cry, and want to read it all over again the moment I had finished. 

3. Brothers at Arms by John J. Horn


This amazing adventure takes you through the jungles of Peru, following two brothers that could not be less alike. The following series is also great, but this one will always be my favorite.

4. Interrupted by Rachel Coker 


This book is such a bittersweet coming-of-age story. I have never read a book quite in this style, and it still moves me every time I read it. 

5. Wings of a Dream by Anne Mateer


This book has always been amazing, but after quarantine, it meant a lot more to me since it takes place around the outbreak in the 1920s. The main character, Rebekah, is just about the best. <3


Click on the photos below to get today's free ebook, and enter the giveaway!




Thank you so much for joining me! Come back tomorrow for the last day! 
What if your favorite historical fiction?


11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books yet, but I'm going to look some of them up! Thank you for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read Brothers At Arms recently because of your review. I thought the situations they got themselves into were pretty hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Ah, thank you so much for sharing! Haha, they really were. XD

      Delete
  3. From the Dark to the Dawn is amazing. And I need to read the others…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read the Rachel Coker books sometime! Do you like this one or Chasing Jupiter more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chasin Jupiter was a bit sad for my taste, but both are good. I still prefer Inturupted.

      Delete
  5. I've read and loved all except the first of these. From the Dark to the Dawn is an old favorite especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Robe is pretty good, if you ever get the chance! Yeah, Darak to the Dawn is amazing!

      Delete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!