Saturday, October 15, 2022

September Highlights

It was not an incredibly busy month. A lot of it was just spent prepping for the wedding, and getting back into the swing of fall activitys. 


It was my oldest nieces birthday this month, so we got pizza then went to Main Event. We played tons of Laser Tag, and arcades. It was a fun, long night of celebration!

So one day at lunch, my tooth just chipped off. A whole forth of it. O.o So I had to get it filled, which was uncomfortable, but not as bad as I had imagined. I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to eat afterwards for a few hours, so Sarah sat with me while my mom went and got lunch until I got to get food. <3 

The Cameron Park Zoo has hosted a running challenge for years, but this year my sister and I decided to join. So I started a 5k training program, and have actually been able to stick to it really well! I'm excited to see how the last month of the training goes. Hopefully I'll actually be able to run it. At the moment I'm still in the stage of wheezing through most of the running. XD

Our kitten, Scruffy. She's the runt of her litter, and is just about the sweetest thing. 

Bible Study Fellowship started up again. This year we are studying a lot in Kings, Chronicals, and some of the minor prophets. It's not my favorite part of the Bible, but BSF always does such an amazing job with their study's I'm excited to see how it goes. 

I got a game called Nancy Drew at Magnolia Gardens and it was incredible. It was like an escape room in a box. We had to read a lot, solve codes, and make a timeline of where everyone was. There was even a locked box we had to get into. O.o It was a blast! 

So my brother and his fiancee (Liz) were getting married up in the Dallas area, so we traveled up there for the wedding! On the way we got to go to the biggest Half Priced Books in Texas. It was so awesome! We toured Michaela and Liz's new house, and got to attend a prayer breakfast for Liz. We stayed at a lovely little house by a lake, and got to see an absolutely amazing sunset. We helped set up for the wedding, and spent an lot of time in the kitchen joking around. The day of the wedding we had to get up insainly early, so I was part of a slightly later crew that brought breakfast for everyone. We were in charge of a waffle bar for the reception, so we set that up, and then were in photos. None of us were in the wedding, so it was a little easier making time for things. The wedding was in a beautiful little chapel, and went off amazingly well. They were married! My whole family spent the next 45 minutes serving waffles, keeping things refilled, and making sure everything ran smoothly. It was hectic, but we did get amazing chocolate cake with chcoclate covered strawberries for our trouble. XD Needless to say, but the end of the reception, we were pretty tired, so after clean up, we packed up our AirBnB and came home. 

Rebekkah and I took an evening, set up our hammocks, with tikki torches, and read for an evening. It was the perfect way to chill out after a busy month. Now that it is finally cool out again we definitely be doing this more often!



No re-reads. Someone should be proud of me. XD But my favorite new book was a toss up between Findinging Gods Life for My Will and The Extraordinary Education of Nicolas Bennidict. Both epic books. 



Paddington 2: I loved this even more than the first one in some ways. Paddington is such a sweet soul. <3 

Newsies: I missed this after seeing it in person, so I had to watch it again. This music, the dancing, it's all incredible. 

Bad Hair Day: This is such a cute movie. It reminds me of the Disney movies they used to make like Radio Rebel, or Starstuck. It was cute, innocent, and a bit sappy in places. A great movie to relax with. 

Mission Impossible: If you ever see a month without MI listed, you probably need to ask after our mental health. XD 

MacGyver: This show is just fun, and it's cool to see MacGyver's ingenuity. 

Bluey: Kid shows just do not get much cuter then this. It's fun, it teaches kids good lessons, and I don't think there's much better after a long day then Bingo's little giggle. 

DS9: My sister Sarah and I just finished season six! Just one more season to go. =) 


It's crazy how fast this month went! How was your month? 


9 comments:

  1. Oof! I'm sorry to hear about your tooth (I cracked mine really bad years ago, and couldn't eat 'til it got fixed too.)

    I've tried an escape room in-a-box game once, and it was fun but challenging. This Nancy Drew one sounds really good, though; I'll have to look into it :)

    And congrats to your brother and family! Hope you all are having a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugg, that is so frustrating!!
      Fun! Which one did you try? It really is!
      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. I think it was called Exit: The Sunken Treasure. They have several different kinds of escape rooms that I haven't tried yet.

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's awesome! I'm looking it up now!

      Delete
  2. Fun!
    My mom and I are doing BSF too. I have really been enjoying it thus far although like you, I had my doubts at the beginning since I do not usually prefer to study the OT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats awesome! I know, sometimes it is so hard to get into the OT, but it is so rewarding once you get into it. I hope your study is amazing!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to Liz and Michael. Wishing them happiness, love and blessings. God Bless.
    Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!