Saturday, October 8, 2022

My Top Five Books This Year

 This is the last day of Five Fall Favorites hosted by the epic Kate. Big shout out to her for all the work she put into this! I had a lot of fun doing this, and getting to talk to all of y'all!


These are my top five books of the year so far. Click on the covers to go to the Goodreads page, and click on the titles to read my review!


1. Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott


I did not expect to love this as much as I did, but wow. It was a bit rambly in places (what classic isn't), but I loved the story and seeing how each character followed God. 

2. Happy Birthday Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty Macdonald


I discovered this series this year, and had a delightful time going through the books. This was my favorite of all of them, though. <3



Ah, my last book in the MBS series. This was a bittersweet read, knowing it would be the last new book in this series. But it lived up to the other four books, and I loved every page. 

4. Finding God's Life For My Will by Mike Donehey


This was one of the most encouraging books I read all year. It's open and honest, and very encouraging. 

5. Grace by Contract by Rachel Rossano


This was an awesome Beauty and The Beast retelling. The characters and everything were just perfect. And, one of my favorite things, the romance was pretty light!


Click on the photos below to get today's free ebook, and see who won the giveaway!



Well, that was a blast! I am so glad to have been able to do this. Thank you for joining me! 
What is your favorite book that you've read this year? 


8 comments:

  1. YASSS IVANHOE IS SO GOOD

    and great list, Mikayla! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for joining, Mikayla! You're the best. 🧡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, "Ivanhoe" is so good! And "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle"! My goodness that name brings back memories! I have never read that particular book, at least I don't remember it, but some of the other books were so much fun. Even if they weren't realistic. :D
    Thanks for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so fun! I think books like that are so good for growing kids imaginations.

      Delete
  4. "Ivanhoe" is one of my top three favorite books.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!