Tuesday, October 4, 2022

My Favorite Fantasy Books

Hey everyone! I am so happy to be back for the second post in Five Fall Favorites hosted by one of my favorite people in the universe, Kate! Today I have my top five fantasy books! 

Just like yesterday, click on the titles to read my full reviews, and click on the book covers to take you to the GoodReads page!



1. The Horse and His Boy C.S. Lewis


This is my favorite of the Narnia books. Shasta is such an amazing character and his growth over the book was so well done. Also, you get to see the Pevencies which is epic. =)


2. The Heart of Arcrea by Nicole Sager


The book combines the best parts of fantasy having a quest, characters rising out of low places, people making a family out of friends, and, of course, sword fights. Druid is still one of my favorite characters because he's gentle, humble, and a good leader. 


3. Resistance by Jaye L. Knight


The is one of the most brilliantly written series that I've ever read. The characters and plot are incredible. I cannot wait for the last book to come out!

4. The Green Ember by S.D. Smith


This may be labeled as a kid's book, but it is definitely not just for kids. This book made me laugh, it made me cry, and made me want to hug the characters. This series would make a great read-aloud. 

5. The Twin Arrows by Kate Willis 


This little book is so sweet. Talk about a book with an amazing supporting cast. I mean, the main characters are epic, but the side characters are just as good, which is rare. 


Click on the photos below to get today's free book, and to enter the giveaway!





Thank you for coming by!
What is your favorite fantasy book? 

15 comments:

  1. Ahhh, The Twin Arrows… I need to reread that. It was good :) Although I liked book 2 even better. I have The Heart of Arcrea and Resistance AND The Green Ember… I really need to read them ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a sweet little series! Ohh, sounds like you've got an epic line up! I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. Okay, I keep seeing Resistance EVERYWHERE! Think it's about time I just got it already. 😂 It and The Twin Arrows. It sounds like such a fun book! Side characters make or break a story. I love good ones, so that definitely is a point in its favor for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really good book, I hope you get the chance to read it!! It's amazing!

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks for the shout-out! Between you and Sarah, I know simply must read the Acrea books, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you really do. It's amazing! Even if you don't read the whole series, the first book is 100% worth it.

      Delete
  4. I love this list. I notice we share a couple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love The Horse and His Boy! It was fun to see how life was for someone besides the previous main characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was so much fun seeing a fresh prespective!

      Delete
  6. And my TBR is busting at the seams now XD

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are one of my favorite things ever! Just be clean and respectful and we'll get along great. Keep changing the world!